Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    @dmchicago. Dennis, I ordered (thanks to you) one of these today.  Was meaning to talk to you in advance.  Hope I didn't make a crappy selection.
    Your anus will thank you. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options
    A parathyroidectomy 
    Pictures available upon request.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @ColtsFan: That’s a slick machine. There’s 6-10 inches forecasted overnight here. Will give me a chance to try the 30” two stage 306cc Briggs and Stratton that I got less than half price in August.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @dmchicago. Dennis, I ordered (thanks to you) one of these today.  Was meaning to talk to you in advance.  Hope I didn't make a crappy selection.
    Does it come in a camo look?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    SGH said:
    Why don't you buy your ammo when it's cheap?
    I have been buying ammo since the mid 70’s. I probably have more than I need but I continue to buy just in case. 
    What do you need all that ammo for?  If there's a "civil" war, civilians don't stand a chance against our military.  And if the war is with the Dems, science goes away and your iphone and GPS stops working.  Live life, eat food, be happy.

Let’s assume the military leans republican. And Scottie navigates by the stars.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    One does not simply drop a safe on the roadrunner unless it is an Acme(tm) brand safe....
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    blind99 said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Snow blower. The locals want $250-300 per driveway plow...nope. My options are buy a plow for my truck or get a snow blower. Snow blower is more fun, besides if I had a plow friends and family would drive me nuts
    to plow once?!  wow!
    i tried an electric snow blower, that was the dumbest idea ever.
    now have the smallest toro, and it does a great job.  my back is very happy.
    Yes. You should have seen the first guys face that quoted it when I asked if that was for the season! The driveway is 200+ ft with an additional parking area on the side. I went with this. Overkill for the amount of snow we typically get but having the 3 stage will let me get it done faster. 

@ColtsFan
    Seems like that is the going rate. My driveway is about 450’ long. My quotes for a plow anytime we get more than a foot was $500- $550. Ha!   Several said it was going to be an extra $50 because the first 380’ is gravel, therefore they would have to get out and put shoes on the plow. Ummm... okay. 

So I will continue to use a wheelhorse tractor with a 42” plow and a cheaper snowblower. The plow is 5x faster with 4 passes up and down the drive.   I push the snow to the sides with the plow then one walk up one side and back down the other with the blower to throw the snow away. It is a good combination. 

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @ColtsFan: Beautiful setting. Where are you located?
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    edited January 2021
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    SGH said:
    Just delivered. Liberty Fatboy Extreme. 

Remember to post pics of your attempts to drop it on Roadrunner

https://youtu.be/xQFppQZRdqY
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    ColtsFan said:
    blind99 said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Snow blower. The locals want $250-300 per driveway plow...nope. My options are buy a plow for my truck or get a snow blower. Snow blower is more fun, besides if I had a plow friends and family would drive me nuts
    to plow once?!  wow!
    i tried an electric snow blower, that was the dumbest idea ever.
    now have the smallest toro, and it does a great job.  my back is very happy.
    Yes. You should have seen the first guys face that quoted it when I asked if that was for the season! The driveway is 200+ ft with an additional parking area on the side. I went with this. Overkill for the amount of snow we typically get but having the 3 stage will let me get it done faster. 

@ColtsFan
    Seems like that is the going rate. My driveway is about 450’ long. My quotes for a plow anytime we get more than a foot was $500- $550. Ha!   Several said it was going to be an extra $50 because the first 380’ is gravel, therefore they would have to get out and put shoes on the plow. Ummm... okay. 

So I will continue to use a wheelhorse tractor with a 42” plow and a cheaper snowblower. The plow is 5x faster with 4 passes up and down the drive.   I push the snow to the sides with the plow then one walk up one side and back down the other with the blower to throw the snow away. It is a good combination. 

Got to love a Wheel Horse!  Got four of 'em here.
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    SGH said:
    Just delivered. Liberty Fatboy Extreme. 

Remember to post pics of your attempts to drop it on Roadrunner

https://youtu.be/xQFppQZRdqY
    This is exactly the sort of thing I thought grown-ups did all day when I was bored at school.   =)
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    That's £200 I don't need to worry about what to do with any more....

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    Looks heavy, but that ain’t 200 pounds
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    A new light. Hope it is a good one 🤞

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - if you want a quality high performance torch (these are not cheap) try Fenix.

edited January 2021
    Options
    Is there one website where I can buy the guns and magazines and safes and searchlights? Like “paranoiasupplies.ru” or “yetanotherjudgementday.com”?

I tried “theyelectedademocrat.biz” and “theworldisendingagain.tv” and they are both down. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    SGH said:
    A new light. Hope it is a good one 🤞

Hi Scottie, looking forward to your review as I am in the market for a good light
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    @SGH - if you want a quality high performance torch (these are not cheap) try Fenix.

Wow that sounds great
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SGH
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Is there one website where I can buy the guns and magazines and safes and searchlights? Like “paranoiasupplies.ru” or “yetanotherjudgementday.com”?

I tried “theyelectedademocrat.biz” and “theworldisendingagain.tv” and they are both down. 
    There are many sites. But unfortunately they are all pretty much sold out. I can’t get another safe until August from my nearest dealer. Guns and ammo vanish within 10 minutes of being posted. You have to get on the “notify me when back in stock” list and act immediately when you get notified or you are out of luck. 
    I have been searching online for AR uppers the last few days. They are pretty much sold out nation wide. If you find something you are looking far don’t hesitate or it will be gone. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options

Wow that sounds great
    Check out their other lights.  They are well made, warranted and have actual customer service.  Their lumen and lux specs are not exaggerated like 99% of the crap torches sold on Amazon.

Options

Fenix makes good stuff. I have a bunch of their lights.
    Pro tip: if you buy that light carry a pot holder with you cuz those high output, short grip lights get really hot if you run them at max output for very long.

Streamlight makes good stuff (or at least they used to - I haven't bought anything of theirs in many years) but pistol grip lights like that have an advantage in that they don't get too hot to hold. The downside to that Streamlight model is it has a non-user replaceable battery. That makes it less useful in many scenarios.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Streamlight was the "Mercedes" of lights in the early years of LED lights, mostly because they were promoted like Glocks for law enforcement and military.  Since then they've basically fallen into obscurity for people that are serious about flashlights.  They are over-priced and under-performers.   At least, last time I looked.  Maybe they changed.
    Options
    Streamlight was the "Mercedes" of lights in the early years of LED lights, mostly because they were promoted like Glocks for law enforcement and military.  Since then they've basically fallen into obscurity for people that are serious about flashlights.  They are over-priced and under-performers.   At least, last time I looked.  Maybe they changed.
    I hate to hear that. I bought this one based on 2 previous purchases from the late 80’s. I have 2 rechargeable flashlights I think the model is SLX-10 and SLX-20. They have made it over 30 years with bulb and battery replacements. 
    If it turns out to be junk I will try something else. Just looking at it and handling it it seems very well built and functional. I guess time will tell. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    SGH said:
    I hate to hear that. I bought this one based on 2 previous purchases from the late 80’s. I have 2 rechargeable flashlights I think the model is SLX-10 and SLX-20. They have made it over 30 years with bulb and battery replacements. 
    If it turns out to be junk I will try something else. Just looking at it and handling it it seems very well built and functional. I guess time will tell. 
    It's not my first choice, but it might be a good light.  They were the first to do the tactical lights and their stuff was well made. Since then their main problem was not keeping up with the ever-changing LED technology and price.  They probably have good service.  Anyway, check out the reviews on their stuff.  I always look at the ratio of reviews and read the bad ones first.

Whenever you buy a flashlight, make sure it uses 18650s or the bigger version that's in the new Teslas....don't remember the spec.  Anything with built-in batteries that need a proprietary pack or factory replacement is to be avoided, IMO .

Options
    I don't have the most powerful flashlight on the forum, but I might have the most expensive:

https://protomachines.com/products/led8

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,347
    Options
    Botch said:
    I don't have the most powerful flashlight on the forum, but I might have the most expensive:

https://protomachines.com/products/led8

That's pricey but that hardly comes close to being the most expensive flashlight around.

I can get you into one of these puppies for just $2600...

There are some that are even more expensive but the names escape me (it's been awhile since I've paid much attention to what's been going on in the flashlight world).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    Options
    Some of you folks have way to much money on your hands. I certainly wish I had that problem  :s

Status- Standing by.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Being expensive and ownership are a bit different from my perspective.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.