Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Gearing up for a long shift. New Year’s Eve in Vegas is a magical time. 👎
     stay safe man.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Botch said:
    Cornbread Failure.

Toothpick was clean, bottom browned, and didn't stick to the CI skillet, but it had no structural integrity whatsoever.  I used buttermilk instead of regular milk, guess this is what happens.
    Still delicious with my Frankenchili, with szechuan pork and bacon fat.   :)

I'd hit it.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    What does "dammit I'm mad" and "1202021" have in common?  There are multiple answers.
    Palindromes. One answer is all I have.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Happy New Year folks.
    Bourbon looks great, but tell me more about your chess playing. 

About a month back, we signed my daughter up for remote chess lessons with a dentist from Dubai who now lives in Canada. She loves it!!
  • frazzdaddy
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Happy New Year folks.
    Bourbon looks great, but tell me more about your chess playing. 

About a month back, we signed my daughter up for remote chess lessons with a dentist from Dubai who now lives in Canada. She loves it!!
    i I played a lot when I was a kid/ ( I know , a redneck playing chess go figure.)
    My son and I play when we get together. That's really cool for your daughter. The strategy skills she develops from learning the game will serve her well in life
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    edited December 2020
    Options
    BTW, @GrateEggspectations, If you have not watched "Queens Gambit", check it out. Very good series.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I will also add that we added a twist to the game tonight as I was simultaneously having a nerf gun fight with my grandson.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,296
    edited January 2021
    Options
    BTW, @GrateEggspectations, If you have not watched "Queens Gambit", check it out. Very good series.
    Thank you, friend. Saw it and enjoyed it. We signed our daughter up for the lessons just prior to the release of the series. Teacher indicated the series was responsible for a healthy uptick in business. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:
    Cornbread Failure.

Toothpick was clean, bottom browned, and didn't stick to the CI skillet, but it had no structural integrity whatsoever.  I used buttermilk instead of regular milk, guess this is what happens.
    Still delicious with my Frankenchili, with szechuan pork and bacon fat.   :)

I'd hit it.
    Looks like you already hit it. =)

Options
    Yno said:
    What does "dammit I'm mad" and "1202021" have in common?  There are multiple answers.
    Palindromes. One answer is all I have.
    Background verification - CFA General - AnalystForum

Options
    lousubcap said:
    Bourbon blind tasting complete for 2020. Tonight's flavours (nod):

Stagg followed by the DO as the other two were at least half an order of magnitude in arrears.  That Elijah Craig was barrel strength and purchased at the Heaven Hill distillery (supposedly the only source,,,), 80 km (one way) road trip.  The drive was fun!
    Happy New Year.
    See ya on the other side!
    Pacing now to get to 2021 tonight!
    Fine selection right there cap. Hope you have a great night. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @SciAggie - powering (w/o power) thru was never a doubt regardless of any or all of your other options.  When wired to get it done-we always sort how to "get it done".  Great plate right there.  
    To say that I want this year gone is quite an understatement.  I am definitely pacing to make DA-N sure I see this one into the rear-view mirror.  
    Happy New Year.
    Stay healthy and safe!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    edited January 2021
    Options
    First attempt at belly porchetta. Just wrapped, still undecided on how to cook this tomorrow. 

canuckland
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Just pulled out the overalls, muck boots, a couple of knives and a bottle of Old Spice. Something is in trouble in the morning.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    SGH said:
    Just pulled out the overalls, muck boots, a couple of knives and a bottle of Old Spice. Something is in trouble in the morning.  
    @SGH- once you get finished with that entertainment, drop into the Zoom/Speakeasy thread starting at 5 PM (EST) Friday to celebrate the close of this year.  The session will roll for quite a few hours to support clean-up and a clean pair of overalls.
    Be there!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:

People Are Saying Their Donuts Look Like Buttholes - Donut Butthole Reddit  ThreadTomanus  inside-out underpants
    Ash Sarkar on Twitter I know there are more important things going on  but I just realised that the cake I got up at 7am to bake this morning for  a friend
    What Is Anal Bleaching 14 FAQs About Pain Safety How to and More
    9 Things You Need To Know About Anal Sex
    Man transported to hospital after getting squirrel stuck in his rectum

Options
    (emoticons for previous post)

:o=);)
    Looks great, @caliking! I've got a boneless six-pounder salted and sitting in the fridge for tomorrow. What temp and how long did this one take?
    Stillwater, MN
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @caliking - That is beauty right there.  Nailed the cook would be selling it short.  Magnificent. Dang-
    Nice personalized cutting tool as well.
    Happy New Year as well.  I've only got around 24 minutes of this f'ing year remaining.  Hope to see you Friday 1/1/21.  
    Be well!
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    caliking said:
    Prime rib turned out. The ends were kinda med-rare to med, so everyone got what they liked. 

Happy New Year!
    Looks like you nailed it.  Awesome cook.  Happy New Year to you and yours.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @caliking That’s a feast for sure! Happy new year!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon