Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Breast (skin-on)

After an all too dry fried turkey over Thanksgiving with relatives in Indianapolis, my fiancée and I returned to Brooklyn and decided to try and redeem ourselves by buying a boneless turkey breast with the skin on. Started with the 6.5lb breast that I kosher salted and rubbed with freshly cracked black and pink peppercorns. It dry-brined in the refrigerator, uncovered, for 24 hours. At around noon I set up my BGE for indirect cooking with a dome temp. of 225°F.

I wasn't really timing it, but had my probe in and planned on basting it with oil at around 150°F internal. I think it took nearly two hours to get there, but this is what it looked like after basting.

Once it hit 160°F internal, I pulled it and tented with foil loosely, allowing it to rest for about twenty minutes.

I sliced it as thinly as possible so that we could make turkey sandwiches using this really great bread from She Wolf Bakery in Brooklyn. The sandwiches also had caramelized onions, melted gruyere, sautéed kale, and a homemade dijon aioli my fiancée created.

Brooklyn, NYC - medium BGE

Comments