Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Petition to have NOLA removed from forum

Options
Based on all the stupid $HIT and abusive rants that Carey is posting (in both his regular Nolaegghead account and all his lame TROLL accounts), I am recommending that the members of this forum request his account (and all his troll accounts) shut down.  He no longer adds any value to the BGE forum, and has run off a lot of members throughout the years.  If you agree, please send an email to:

Rob D'Amico at Corporate headquarters, per r.d.'amico@biggreenegg.com

It's time to give this forum back to the members that want a "safe place" to post, and not be harassed and ridiculed by Carey and his abusive and derogatory rants that only express his views.  This place could be "fun" again, if members were not afraid to express an opinion, and then have Carey $HIT down their throat!

Send Rob an e-mail if you agree!  He would appreciate hearing the members views on this.  

Comments

• brentm
    brentm Posts: 422
    Options
    Nola - Nice work on the fan base!!!!
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Having a genital wart removed and it not come back, would have a higher chance of being successful. 
  • brentm
    edited November 2020
    Options
    and imagine having to give out that email address over the phone.

Poor Rob!!

r.d.'amico@biggreenegg.com

"so..... romeo dot delta dot apostrophe alpha mango..."

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    You sound upset.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • brentm
    Options
    You sound upset.
    I will say this.

If I may pose as another example for a moment.

John has a pretty decent ear....  might be worth a PM to him rather than a forum post calling for such mutiny.

There are clearly politics here, hierarchy and forces even I do not understand.

The holidays are near... libations are flowing.  Let's all give each other just a little bit of slack this Covid-19 holiday season as we don't see our family, get frustrated at stupid ****, and rant.

• fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    Congratulations on your three, remarkable threads this year.  Rarely is the vacuum created in the wake of one’s petty obsessions well considered.  In this regard, your smooth brain doesn’t appear to have distinguished you, either.
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Congratulations on your three, remarkable threads this year.  Rarely is the vacuum created in the wake of one’s petty obsessions well considered.  In this regard, your smooth brain doesn’t appear to have distinguished you, either.
    And more great wisdom emitting from yet another one of Nola’s TROLL accounts! These are all so easy to spot, as Carey’s sarcasm is so apparent in all his remarks!  Do you think you are fooling the members of this forum? Most of us know the “mind games” you try to play on the forum, with your troll accounts.  This is not normal behavior to say the least.
  • brentm
    Options
    and what's the deal with @legume
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If there was ever an OT topic....look no further.  Not that my identity is a secret, probably 30 or 40 forum members have been to my house, but doxing my address on a public forum is crossing a line.  Also not that smart when you looked up another forum member on LinkedIn.  Did you know that exposes your LinkedIn identity and resume to the person you looked up?  Did anyone post your address or name?  No. 

What I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

G'nite, sunshine.
    Sorry, new member here (well lurker, but now can post, so yay me!).

What did Carey post that makes you want to get rid of her/him?  Not wanting to get involved but curious what one should tell Rob.
    Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    What’s the plan, lil wascal?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Beats me.  I probably was "mean" to him.  I get that people want safe spaces, but I'm the last guy in the world that would have a problem if littlerascal was gay or latinx.
    Options
    Petition, lmao.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    brentm said:
    and what's the deal with @legume
    Hard to say, I’ve never put the work in to find out.

Your turn.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Sorry, new member here (well lurker, but now can post, so yay me!).

What did Carey post that makes you want to get rid of her/him?  Not wanting to get involved but curious what one should tell Rob.
    I can't answer for the OP, but perhaps he hasn't noticed that Nola has been absolutely killing it with food-based cook postings lately. I've never met the guy and he certainly doesn't need my support. I'm also not going to email Rob because he probably has actual things to deal with, but this forum would  most assuredly be worse without him.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Sheldon_Nigel
    Options
    Now that I can post, I can see reactions.  Why the flag for asking a question?  I hate that I just got approved and now I have a flag?  Is there a probationary period I need to be worried about?
  • brentm
    Options
    Now that I can post, I can see reactions.  Why the flag for asking a question?  I hate that I just got approved and now I have a flag?  Is there a probationary period I need to be worried about?
    Low quality social engineering or noob?
  • nolaegghead
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I appreciate the support, y'all. 

This guy, Bob Bieker, AKA littlerascal56, AKA "littlepeen69", etc just admitted he quit the forum because of some butt-hurtness and asked for his account to be deleted.  Yet, that's not good enough for him unless he can take his imaginary boogyman down too.  Apparently there's a "petition" thing that you can use to try to get people that were mean to you kicked off the forum.  He literally said this place needs to be a "safe space".  I don't disagree with that, but considering just about all his threads were deemed offensive or controversial enough to be buffaloed, he's holding on to an imaginary bar that's at the very least hypocritical. 

Oh well, there are all kinds of people.  Really, sometimes it's embarrassing to be a homo sapien.

Note to the peen-unit: I could post your address but I'm better than that.
    Options

I wouldn't worry about it.  I think I have a few too.  Badge of honor.  Just post some good food pics, recipes and help those that you can and you're golden.
    Sorry if I jumped into the deep end with the cool kids on day one.  I will kindly step back now and just lurk.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I consider this one of the highest honors I've ever had!  (*sniff*)  thank you all!  

Forgot to mention:  I'd like to thank the Academy and all my friends here in the eggosphere, too numerous to name.  This place is inspirational and fun.  Never change.
    @littlerascal56 Your Piedmontese steak looked dry, but your vagina sure looks moist.   :D
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    hahaha...I haven't thought about Old Gregg for eons.  I really ought to thank you lil'durp.

Options
    OP:  the butthurt is strong with this one
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 686
    Options
    Is there a link between Egg ownership and Covid depression? 
  • Terpderpitude
    Options
    The OP had not posted here in months before yesterday.