Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Guys With A Traeger Grill (Spoof Video)

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,025
edited November 2020 in Off Topic
I could care less if someone cooks on a pellet smoker but I found this video funny:

https://youtu.be/iAk2cKbOFZ4 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Very funny and so true for a lot of folks.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    I wonder what the percentage is of Traeger owners who live in middle America with Salt Life stickers on the back of their obnoxiously oversized trucks wearing their hats with perfectly flat bills and Costa Sunglasses is. Its gotta be High 90s. Oh ya and Traeger sucks.....

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    I wonder what the percentage is of Traeger owners who live in middle America with Salt Life stickers on the back of their obnoxiously oversized trucks wearing their hats with perfectly flat bills and Costa Sunglasses is. Its gotta be High 90s. Oh ya and Traeger sucks.....
    I'm not sure if I follow that analogy 100% percent. Aaron Franklin looks like he drives a Prius and would cook a brisket on a George Foreman grill.  ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I'm not sure if I follow that analogy 100% percent. Aaron Franklin looks like he drives a Prius and would cook a brisket on a George Foreman grill.  ;)
    Sorry it was a little muddled. Most Traeger guys I know are douches. As are 90% of the people I know that wear Costa Sunglasses. Only about 10% buy them for their intended purpose which is generally offshore fishing.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    You forgot to mention the bass boat parked in the driveway.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    edited November 2020
    Options

WeberWho said:
    Sorry it was a little muddled. Most Traeger guys I know are douches. As are 90% of the people I know that wear Costa Sunglasses. Only about 10% buy them for their intended purpose which is generally offshore fishing.

That's the way it is with many consumer goods - many a company is not going to make bank if their products were only bought by folks that actually use their products solely for the intended market/image they try to convey.
    How many Yeti coolers are dropped out the back of a bush plane for a week long stay in Grizz territory? Ninety percent of Yeti coolers never leave the patio but if they do it's just to pack snacks for the rugrats soccer matches.
    How many folks wearing their Patagonia gear (or North Face/Marmot/etc.) will ever actually set foot in...Patagonia and do some mountaineering around Ventana Sur?
    What percentage of Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses are actually worn by pilots?

(Poor choice of picture tho since Tom Cruise is actually a pilot and that is his P-51 behind him)

How many Rolex Submariner's never see more than the deep end of the pool?

Have I beat this horse to death yet? If not I could go on... :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Whoa @TEXASBGE2018 I have been wearing costas for years. They are only for fishing? FYI my next pair will be Maui Jim sunglasses because costa was bought by a huge evil corporation with sub par customer service.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    Funny!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    Oh and I wear aviators and have never flown an F-14 Tomcat
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I like shady rays
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    And I love Nola's video.  So freaking sick.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    The Traeger guy looked like he barely cleared the 1/2" steak thickness.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I have a Traeger sitting next to my eggs. My 2500 Mega Cab Ram has zero stickers on the back, I wear Oakley & Ray-Ban sunglasses, and I can’t stand flat bill caps. I guess I’m a 10%’er.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• EzraBrooks
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Oh and I wear aviators and have never flown an F-14 Tomcat
    I wear aviators and have flown a Cessna, does that count?
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Whoa @TEXASBGE2018 I have been wearing costas for years. They are only for fishing? FYI my next pair will be Maui Jim sunglasses because costa was bought by a huge evil corporation with sub par customer service.
    I think you all misunderstand. Doing only 1 or 2 of these things doesn’t imply douchery. It is when in combination with the other factors. If you drive an oversized lifted truck with 24” wheels and offroad tires that have never seen an ounce of mud while wearing your flatbill cap AND wearing your Costa Sunglasses then there is a 90% likelihood that you are a douche with a Traeger in the pickup bed who parked his boat in the front yard. Although in that scenario it’s likely a wakeboard boat with 400 speakers on the back. That my friends is what the “You Betcha” guy was implying.

• QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    I have had a number of meals cooked on a Traeger and none of them could come close to what an egg can do.  My next door neighbor (Traeger owner) and I exchanged ribs one weekend.  I think he was embarrassed by his ribs.  He admits that the Traeger doesn't do a good job with imparting much smoke flavor to the food.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.