Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,874
    Options
    Thanks @GrateEggspectations  
    Several layers of lemon sponge cake with a raspberry icing between as 'mortar', with two vertical structural supports through the centre.   Several yards of fondant icing,  terrific attention to detail - the thermometer set at optimal steak temp' and lots of cups of tea to help it along.
    See how I have taken something thoughtful and elegant and turned it in to a 'man-experiecne' focussing on the technicals and not the aesthetics.  =)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,461
    Options
    Rejoicing my school launched Will Muschamp. That said, he go be livin real good for the next several years. 
    So who’s the replacement? Freeze, Napier (don’t take Napier!).......
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    Awesome cake @CPFC1905
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    SWMBO knocked out the park with this cake for my half-century ....

Fantastic! Better than some of the things you see on Great British Baking Show!

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,591
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @CPFC1905: Incredible cake. Wow. Fondant? I’m guessing the flammable sign was removed before the candles were lit?

Congrats on the milestone!
    Love it. No way it’s fondant, it’s 450 degrees! Happy 50!
    Years ago, my daughter’s friend made one for my bd, she used Rice Krispies for the bottom I think.
    canuckland
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,794
    Options
    Those pies look crazy amazing Carey !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,514
    Options
    @CPFC1905 - Congrats on the successful completion of a major milestone lap of the sun.  That cake is incredible - true talent and clearly you are extremely highly thought of.  What a gift.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,874
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @CPFC1905 - Congrats on the successful completion of a major milestone lap of the sun.  That cake is incredible - true talent and clearly you are extremely highly thought of.  What a gift.  
    Thanks buddy.   It was a big surprise, I was loathed to cut in to because I was captivated by the detail.  

We have had a continuous sequence of happy life-events in 2020, with son's wedding next month and a move to our forever home lined up for early in 2021.   SWMBO (Gold Command as she is often referred to) felt it a fitting gesture, all things considered.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Rejoicing my school launched Will Muschamp. That said, he go be livin real good for the next several years. 
    So who’s the replacement? Freeze, Napier (don’t take Napier!).......
    I am certain it will be a great hire. You know SC is such an attractive job. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,367
    Options
    Legume said:
    LMAO.  I think the HOA thread has left a permanent mark, like a bad tattoo.

Don't forget the christmas tree. That was/is fun.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,794
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Clearing out the cooking area. The new outdoor kitchen will be started tomorrow. Will keep you all updated on progress.

That's a clear violation of HOA Rule #267 section B.  Trash cans visible from neighbor's 2nd story window. 

LoL 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,195
    Options
    Saw this, this morning.  Spirit Animal killed.  We are all screwed.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Saw this, this morning.  Spirit Animal killed.  We are all screwed.

Seems like something Don Jr would do....
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac- just focus on the broth as the flavor for the remainder of the ingredients are what they are.  This dish begs for more salt in the broth than I was initially good with but since have seen the light.  FWIW-

Agreed, the rice soaks up the saltiness.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Thanks @GrateEggspectations  
    Several layers of lemon sponge cake with a raspberry icing between as 'mortar', with two vertical structural supports through the centre.   Several yards of fondant icing,  terrific attention to detail - the thermometer set at optimal steak temp' and lots of cups of tea to help it along.
    See how I have taken something thoughtful and elegant and turned it in to a 'man-experiecne' focussing on the technicals and not the aesthetics.  =)

She's set the bar high there Ed, you're going to have to come up with something special for her next birthday!
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options

Just finished a plate of red beans and rice sitting beside the “new” rustic fire pit.  Washed it down with a sweat water strain chocolope stout.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Wondering what the over/under is on Ozzie getting banned...
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Changed the oil on the Q5.  Lifted it, pulled off a panel under the engine, no apparent drain plug like I've ever seen (turns out there was one), then watched a video on changing the oil and the guy who shot it just pumped the oil out from the dipstick (no factory dipstick in it) line.  So I did that.  I have an oil-sucker-outer.  The oil and filter change was otherwise super easy.

Options
    Changed the oil on the Q5.  
    My A5 also has no dipstick (other than the Owner).  The Owner's Manual does not state where the drain plug even is!  Since the oil change interval is 10,000 miles, I'll live with it, for now.    

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,195
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Botch said:
    Changed the oil on the Q5.  
    My A5 also has no dipstick (other than the Owner).  The Owner's Manual does not state where the drain plug even is!  Since the oil change interval is 10,000 miles, I'll live with it, for now.    
    Infinitie/Lexus/Audi owners do not change their oil, let alone check it. What do you think you have, some detroit iron?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,523
    Options
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    Infinitie/Lexus/Audi owners do not check their oil, let alone check it. 
    Wat?  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Botch said:
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    Infinitie/Lexus/Audi owners do not check their oil, let alone check it. 
    Wat?  

There is a level sensor and it will tell YOU when it's low.  No need to use a dipstick unless it's just for fun on this forum.

Anyway, most cars are like this now.  Progress, technology and all those demonized things, etc.