Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tracking Covid Spread

Options
13»

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,192
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Kid's school just emailed that all students must return to maximum of 50% in person starting Monday.
    Is that an increase or decrease in the in-person learning?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • EzraBrooks
    Options
    Kid's school just emailed that all students must return to maximum of 50% in person starting Monday.
    Is that an increase or decrease in the in-person learning?
    Sorry, I worded that poorly.  We were at 100% in person unless you opted to online for health reasons, so this is a reduction back to 50% which is how we started in September.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,357
    Options
    The state of Indiana is going back on lockdown 11/15 the governor announced today. Schools are letting kids out for fall break and they’ll likely stay home
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    @EzraBrooks - for clarification, were folks not given an option, in September vs. now?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    Funny how some events are super spreader events and others aren't
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,370
    Options
    Governor came out for "Lockdown 2.0." Lockdown is voluntary for the next two weeks. If things keep trending upward he will start shutting down again. 

On the plus side, strip clubs can reopen Friday. Come for the breasts and leave with the 'rona. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    It's raining like a bitc# down here right now
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Funny how some events are super spreader events and others aren't
    Yes, you are right.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,522
    Options
    EzraBrooks said:
    Sorry, I worded that poorly.  We were at 100% in person unless you opted to online for health reasons, so this is a reduction back to 50% which is how we started in September.
    @EzraBrooks , where do you live?  It's not in your signature...

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • EzraBrooks
    Options
    caliking said:
    @EzraBrooks - for clarification, were folks not given an option, in September vs. now?
    In September, we were given the option of being 100% online, or hybrid.  Hybrid was that everyone would be online on Mondays, and then you would be in person on either Tue/Thu or Wed/Fri.

In early October, they decided that in-person could resume 100%, so we were given the option of 100% online, or in-person Mon-Fri.

Now, they are going back to hybrid, where everyone will be online Mondays, and in person either Tue/Thu or Wed/Fri, or if you were 100% online, you can continue to do so.
  • EzraBrooks
    Options
    Botch said:
    EzraBrooks said:
    @EzraBrooks , where do you live?  It's not in your signature...
    Northern Indiana
  • EzraBrooks
    Options
    Well, we're sunk!

Trump Dance GIF - Trump Dance Ship GIFs
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,254
    Options
    My wife’s asthma reared its ugly head again on Saturday after a break of almost a year. She was admitted directly to the MICU and spent 5 days. The visitation policy upon admission was 3 days/week from 2 - 6 PM, when normally ICU is 24/7. On Tuesday they cancelled all visitation due to the spike in cases.

When she showed some improvement yesterday they wanted to send her to a regular floor for a couple days but she talked them in to discharging her as if she gets COVID it could be fatal due to being so immunocompromised. 

Thankfully she is doing ok today and getting a little better with time.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:
    My wife’s asthma reared its ugly head again on Saturday after a break of almost a year. She was admitted directly to the MICU and spent 5 days. The visitation policy upon admission was 3 days/week from 2 - 6 PM, when normally ICU is 24/7. On Tuesday they cancelled all visitation due to the spike in cases.

When she showed some improvement yesterday they wanted to send her to a regular floor for a couple days but she talked them in to discharging her as if she gets COVID it could be fatal due to being so immunocompromised. 

Glad to hear she's out of the woods Mike.  I can't imagine what this pandemic has been like for you guys.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CTMike
    Options
    CTMike said:

Glad to hear she's out of the woods Mike.  I can't imagine what this pandemic has been like for you guys.  
    Thanks John, it’s been pretty stressful. She isn’t really going out at all, and I only go when absolutely necessary. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @CTMike stay safe.  Hope your wife is able to avoid hospitals.
  • CTMike
    Options
    @CTMike stay safe.  Hope your wife is able to avoid hospitals.
    Thanks Ozzie. We have an appt for mid-December at the Mayo Clinic (top lung hospital in the country) for a second opinion - but with this recent explosion in cases we are going to reschedule. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.