Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PT - TacoBell hates vegans

Options
I am angry about the Mexican pizza being killed, but it looks like some others are upset about all potato items being removed.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Ok, so not vegan.
    Options
    I haven't had the Mexican pizza in 20 years and I didn't know it was going away. Now I want one.

I would think there are still a lot of options if you just hold the cheese and sour cream.  

https://www.peta.org/living/food/vegan-at-taco-bell/

The Fresco Style bean burrito looks pretty good. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    caliking said:
    Doesn’t everybody??

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter-faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn.

To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living." - Anthony Bourdain

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,336
    edited November 2020
    Options
    caliking said:
    Doesn’t everybody??
    I don’t hate vegans, but I will say I hate the frequency with which I bend over backwards to accommodate “vegans’” and “vegetarians’” diets, as well as a range of others, only to see them cheat in other circumstances. Can’t paint them all with the same brush, but any dietary inflexibility that ultimately proves flexible is highly problematic in my books. 😊
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,499
    Options
    The vegans are totally free to start up their own VegTaco franchises (there are plenty of available sites right now).  

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Don’t vegans make good tacos?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I just don't know how you go without cheese, especially when you've already given up meat.  That's like adding insult to injury...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Don’t vegans make good tacos?
     No.

Vegans are too stringy.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    caliking said:
    Doesn’t everybody??

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter-faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn.

To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living." - Anthony Bourdain

I think he actually insulted the Hezbollah with that rant.
    Options
    If you hate vegans, don't eat ungulates.

--some wise cow
    Options
    I am actually still upset about them removing black olives from there ingredient list.  The olives added a depth an eartheness to there food that I miss.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I am actually still upset about them removing black olives from there ingredient list.  The olives added a depth an eartheness to there food that I miss.

One thing I frequently noticed at salad bars:  the black olives are bad.

Now, I love black olives.  I think it must have something to do with the lack of throwing them out every once and a while.  Or that they go bad quickly or some combination there-of.  But suffice it to say I don't get them on my subway sammich or salad bars anymore because there's a good chance they're "off".
    Options
    Never heard of a VegTaco, but I have heard of a VagTaco.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    When you’re unsure where to rest your taco. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    edited November 2020
    Options

Pretty sure I don't want to hear the backstory for that pix.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Maybe not for vegans, but taco bell is the best mainstream fast food joint for vegetarians because you can get beans instead of meat.

The Mexican pizza was good, but a overpriced, plus it's hard to eat in a car without a mess.

I don't miss the potato products, potato were just a cheap filler.  I do miss the $1 double taco they have had for a while, but don't blame them for removing since they were more taco than a regular taco and cheaper.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dude needs to cut back on his Taco Bell so he can button that shirt. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Pretty sure I don't want to hear the backstory for that pix.

Spotted on thisiswhyimbroke.com