Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Sitting on the couch with duck dog, the 2 cow dogs and duck cat. The one cow dog is on medical relief...the other afraid of storms....since said hurricane is here..she voiced her concerns she wanted in...

Duck dog snoring like I want to be 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Buying a bus ticket for grandma.
    Must not like Grandma.

T'was a joke. I thought somebody might get it. Apparently not.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Technically not buying it yet but just put a reservation deposit down for this.

I'm jelly, those are sweet.

Do they rollover as readily as the old one? :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    Picked up some new, original artwork - very big canvasses. The current lighting is not doing them any favours, IMO. Went modern on two of them, which is a departure from our other pieces. The first one was such a good deal that it’s almost criminal. The third one, which was much less of a deal, is one of my favourite artists - an American named Ken Vincent. Had a smaller, similar landscape painting with blue sky by him, but always wanted a much bigger one. Big brother has arrived. 

Beautiful abstracts, the texturing on the second piece is impressive. Oil or Acrylic?
    Thanks. It is signed so as to suggest it should be hung horizontally, but the vertical hang suits my space better and I like the heavy, dark portion at the bottom with the lighter colours at the top. 

These are original oil paintings. The individual I bought from was obviously a serious art collector. Was selling 30 or so pieces, many of which were not my style. She had an original photograph by Yousuf Karsh, one of the true greats of portrait photographs.

If you’re into art, please share some of yours.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited October 2020
    Options
    GrateEggspectations said:
    NCSmoky said:
    Picked up some new, original artwork - very big canvasses. The current lighting is not doing them any favours, IMO. Went modern on two of them, which is a departure from our other pieces. The first one was such a good deal that it’s almost criminal. The third one, which was much less of a deal, is one of my favourite artists - an American named Ken Vincent. Had a smaller, similar landscape painting with blue sky by him, but always wanted a much bigger one. Big brother has arrived. 

Beautiful abstracts, the texturing on the second piece is impressive. Oil or Acrylic?
    Thanks. It is signed so as to suggest it should be hung horizontally, but the vertical hang suits my space better and I like the heavy, dark portion at the bottom with the lighter colours at the top. 

These are original oil paintings. The individual I bought from was obviously a serious art collector. Was selling 30 or so pieces, many of which were not my style. She had an original photograph by Yousuf Karsh, one of the true greats of portrait photographs.

One of our Flash Gordans
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    Buying a bus ticket for grandma.
    Must not like Grandma.

T'was a joke. I thought somebody might get it. Apparently not.
    Too early
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @frazzdaddy: That is really cool. Sounds like you have at least a few to boot!
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    GrateEggspectations said:
    @frazzdaddy: That is really cool. Sounds like you have at least a few to boot!
     Thank you sir, Alex Raymond was swmbo's GF. We have some other artists as well. I will post some of them when I can take better pics.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    NCSmoky said:

My wife paints much in the vein of what you posted and is fairly well known for her abstracts. Her being a working artist for the last 30 years we have art on almost every wall of our house, some hers but mostly artists she has traded with over the years. Funny you mention the signature on yours, she doesn't sign the front of hers so that they can be hung at any orientation even though she had a specific orientation in mind when creating. I'll PM  you her name if you would like to check out her work.
  • NCSmoky
    Options
    This one is 48x60 but hard to get a sense of scale when not in situ 

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    NCSmoky said:

My wife paints much in the vein of what you posted and is fairly well known for her abstracts. Her being a working artist for the last 30 years we have art on almost every wall of our house, some hers but mostly artists she has traded with over the years. Funny you mention the signature on yours, she doesn't sign the front of hers so that they can be hung at any orientation even though she had a specific orientation in mind when creating. I'll PM  you her name if you would like to check out her work.
    That’s super interesting. Yes, please do PM me.
  • NCSmoky
    Options
    That’s a nice triptych 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Here are a few of the ones we have. Wife wants to change out some to more of a modern abstract style... happy wife...

Greensboro, NC
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    @Wolfpack, very nice 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Cover art for 7/24/43 Saturday Evening Post
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Nudes in France  Charles Cobelle 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • NCSmoky
    Options
    Salvador Dali “Jinete”  #1 of 18 artist proof Intaglio etching (sorry, bad pic)

• frazzdaddy
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    Salvador Dali “Jinete”  #1 of 18 artist proof Intaglio etching (sorry, bad pic)

Very nice, hard to do the art justice with our cell phone cameras
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • butt_juice
    Options

South Central Kansas
    Instagram: @midwest_voyager
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Ok @lousubcap I took your advice.  They just arrived. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    They look fine from here.  Best beef back ribs I have found for a reasonable price.  BTW- I am used to pressure  B)  44 lbs/sq " per 100 ft of depth  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Just left Basspro.  Not sure what is going on, but looks like folks are gearing up Red Dawn style.  Looked like Walmart after a Black Friday.  Even saw someone buying match rounds at $40 a box.  Those things usually have cobwebs on them.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Just left Basspro.  Not sure what is going on, but looks like folks are gearing up Red Dawn style.  Looked like Walmart after a Black Friday.  Even saw someone buying match rounds at $40 a box.  Those things usually have cobwebs on them.
    People doing some last minute shopping. Nov 3 slipped up on them and caught them unprepared. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Got some clearance boxes...I can't figure out the receipt but I'm happy with the price.
    Bought a Husqvarna pole chainsaw at Lowe’s. Still got to cut up the tree hung upon 2 other trees. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    I've been asked to be the head parking lot guru at a Christmas Eve drive up shindig in the community.   So I had to go shopping for new duds.  After all you get one chance to make a first impression.

I think long pants will be more functional.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow