Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seafood Social

Options
Not sure why we came up with the idea but a few Neighbors and I decided to throw a fall Seafood feast-

Starters-
Boiled and Chilled Shrimp, Raw Oysters, Boudin Balls, Charcuterie, Tuna Chevice and French Bread

While I was Chargilling Oysters

Another person was making Oysters Bienville (on top)

And while all that was going on I had BBQ Shrimp in the Sous Vide and then the grill and Green Lightning Shrimp

After all that food we retired to comfortable outdoor seating for Libations and good conversation.
XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    That is some banquet right there.  Way to offer quite a broad selection and in Central Texas, as well.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Damn. Nice looking grub right there. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    A+....
    That’s an awesome spread of great food
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • abtaylor260
    Options
    Wow that looks amazing! When you don’t have access to seafood that is a feast you imagine having.
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    That’s a great looking spread.  
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That was a grand idea. I love the chargrilled oysters. I’m also a fan of the way you served them. Looks like a feast all the way around. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Nice spread!  

Talk to me about the BBQ shrimp in the SV.  Deets plz.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Nice spread!  

Talk to me about the BBQ shrimp in the SV.  Deets plz.  

Neighbor the NOLA Chef had the recipe but basically like this (but after we made the first batch it I doubled it)

1 sticks butter
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
    6 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon oregano
    1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
    1 tsp Kosher Salt
    1 tsp black pepper
    12-15 shakes of Louisina Hot sauce of your choice

I chose Sous Vide to try but also since the Sous Vide machine I use belongs to another neighbor who wont use it so I wanted to involve her so she would see its use.

Anyway I put split ~100 21/25 Shrimp in 4 Sous Vide Bags,  Poured 3/4 of the BBQ sauce above into the bags, Use Vac Sealer to pull air and seal.  

Dropped them in the 125 degree water bath for 15 min, cut the bag open, reserved the Sauce, then dumped shrimp onto the (gas) grill (in a basket) for another 5-7 min.  Microwaved the reserved sauce and the leftover from making it as a dipping sauce.

Those shrimp were the hit of the event.  We did hold a bag back and into the freezer for later.

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Thank You for the details.  Bookmarked!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    My kinda meal!
    Options
    What a spread! Thanks for sharing.
    LBGE
    AL
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Wow!!   Great spread!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    That looks killer. I'm sure I would have ate too much. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Love Seafood.  
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,520
    Options
    It's breakfast ... and now I want seafood! LOL.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!