Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

As BBQ Season comes to a close

Options
JMCXL
JMCXL Posts: 1,524
For us Northern folks - Love when people talk able the end of the season. Haha I cook year round (like most of you). Standing next to a hot Egg while it’s snowing is the best.
you might even be able to get some deals on supplies like Lump.

Northern New Jersey
 XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Neighbors mowers and grills are being rolled into the shed to hibernate. 

I actually much prefer the cold when grilling. Especially smoking. I love the cold crisp air with the aroma of Q. Especially with the stick burner. It's fun to get the pit ripping hot on a cold winter day. Something fun about it. I'll take winter over summer anyday when it comes to bbq. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,759
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Neighbors mowers and grills are being rolled into the shed to hibernate. 

I actually much prefer the cold when grilling. Especially smoking. I love the cold crisp air with the aroma of Q. Especially with the stick burner. It's fun to get the pit ripping hot on a cold winter day. Something fun about it. I'll take winter over summer anyday when it comes to bbq. 
    Agree with this, I bbq year round but the 100 plus days are not as enjoyable as our freezing 58 degree winters 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    In addition to the downside of the cold temperature another is the tendency to enjoy the adult supervisory beers at a slower pace as the surrounding air slows the warm-up.  Thus be mindful of that trap.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Agree with this, I bbq year round but the 100 plus days are not as enjoyable as our freezing 58 degree winters 
    My patio faces west, and now that my last shade tree is gone, I feel barbeque season is just beginning.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Winter finally hit us too.  It's a shivery 63 degrees this morning.  I guess I will do this prime tri tip in the oven.
    NOLA
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    In addition to the downside of the cold temperature another is the tendency to enjoy the adult supervisory beers at a slower pace as the surrounding air slows the warm-up.  Thus be mindful of that trap.   B)
    I’m typically a brown water only type in the colder months. I enjoy a frigid day of egging with a nice pour to keep me warm
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    @ColtsFan - Believe it or not, I stay away from the brown water when playing with any Q rig.  I know my limits and that mix would not turn out well by any measure.  Now, once the cook is completed a whole other story.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    edited October 2020
    Options
    PSA - New Orleans has moved a bunch of its festivals online.  This weekend would be the Blues and BBQ festival (put on by the Jazz Fest foundation).

You can stream online at wwoz.org (and youtube, I believe).

I will be doing a couple of APL honey-glazed tritips for the event.

Here is the lineup:

NOLA
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    BBQ season is just beginning in New Orleans. It’s just been too darn hot. But as @buzd504 said, we are now in the “shivery” 60’s. We have a day or two of this before it’s too darn hot to stand near fire again. 
    New Orleans LA
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 901
    Options
    We have four actual seasons here in the Cincinnati area, but I also have a covered patio. Since it's only two steps outside the door, I get to enjoy Egging all year round. My neighbors all have Weber gassers and almost all of them already have their winter covers tied down over them. Just so sad.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.