Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wife is after me to get a gas grill she can cook on

Should I get a divorce or is there something decent I should look into?

Thanks everyone!

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited October 2020
    Weber Genesis II 3-burner.  Nothing fancy, but gets the job done. I would not worry about a side-burner. Weber service is phenomenal too.

If your wife is serious, then I recommend the Kalamazoo K750 Hybrid Fire Grill.  The fire drawer on it is a very cool setup.  Would love this is my outdoor kitchen.

https://kalamazoogourmet.com/products/k750-built-in-hybrid-fire-grill/
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Dawgtired
    Dawgtired Posts: 632
    Also, I doubt she’ll be cooking anything much more than hamburgers, etc. So maybe a Blackstone griddle? Cuisinart has a table top grill that looks pretty nice if anyone has one of those and could comment.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Another tool in the toolbox- gas grills have their place...I guess???

I haven’t had one for 7+ years but sure would make weeknight meals easier after work. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410

Not gas but.  . . 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    I have a gas grill. It has it's place on a cold dark night, the ease of putting dinner on the table in short order is hard to beat.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    My bro has a Weber gasser. Never had a bad meal from it. My son used a Foreman for years until it finally died. He bought another immediately!

Happy wife, happy life! Besides, charcoal is a dirty PITA.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    There is one in the kitchen
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Drop her

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    GregW said:
    I have a gas grill. It has it's place on a cold dark night, the ease of putting dinner on the table in short order is hard to beat.
    Hmmm, "on a cold dark night"? My gas stove is inside my heated home complete with a cluster of bright lights above and an exhaust fan!  =)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • All the Weber gas grills are great from the cheaper Spirit up to the Summit.  I’ve had a Summit for the last 12 years and had a Genesis for a decade before that.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    My Dad took his plasma cutter to the Weber gasser after 20+ years of use. He hadn't touched it since we gifted him an egg 6+ years ago. Mom wasn't thrilled. She wanted something "quick" to use and had no interest in learning how to use the BGE. My sister bought my mom a gas grill for Christmas last year. Dad already wants to cut it up! Mom's happy though. Dad won't touch it. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    RRP said:
    GregW said:
    Hmmm, "on a cold dark night"? My gas stove is inside my heated home complete with a cluster of bright lights above and an exhaust fan!  =)
    You have a good point, your cold dark nights are probably a lot worse than down here. We still cook out on the grill a couple of times a week in the winter.
    As the day's become shorter, turning on the gas grill for burgers is a better choice for me than cooking them inside with all the generated smoke and splattering grease. My indoor exhaust is good, but not good enough to eliminate all the smoke. It is vented to the outside.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    GregW said:
    Do your nights vary in darkness quite a bit?
    NOLA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    If you are asking the question then you know where it will end up...Another Weber endorser here.  Of course I only have one gasser data point and it was a Weber gasser.  (Quite a back-story-for a Friday Zoom session).  As above, they stand behind their products.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    I've got a holland you can have.  It works but I only use it to store my egg stuff.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428

$150, I can throw in my old Weber chrome grates and some stove bolts, U-haul.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• These threads are always hilarious.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Man-up - just say "no".  She'll love you more for it.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Just $20...

plus $20...

and Bob's your uncle.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Maybe it’s a gateway drug?

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    I gave my 83 year old parents a weber q 4 years ago and they both use it. Simple to use and clean
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • brentm
    brentm Posts: 422
    I'd compromise and get a outdoor gas griddle.

You can always light the fire on your charcoal grill and give her the tongs and a thermapen.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    We have an 30yr old Weber Genesis at te lake that we still use. If you have to get one to make her happy then do it. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    webers seem to be free roadside right now, usually fixable for 50 bucks or less. pickup a lawnmower while youre at it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    She gots to go.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    For occasional small quick cooks, I’d consider the Weber Q. Also, think outside the gas box, read up on a small pellet grill aka outdoor oven.
    canuckland
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Get her a Blackstone! Believe me, you won't be disappointed. 
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665 for me. I love it. I do my quick bbqs on that, and low and slow on the green egg.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    Dawgtired said:
    Also, I doubt she’ll be cooking anything much more than hamburgers, etc. So maybe a Blackstone griddle? Cuisinart has a table top grill that looks pretty nice if anyone has one of those and could comment.

blackstone for burgers, dogs, steak and cheese, grilled cheese, tacos.  gasser for corn, asparagus, anything veggie, big gas burner for a wok, big dutch oven, deep frying, steaming etc.  thats whats on my deck anyways
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it