Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dak

Options
dmchicago
dmchicago Posts: 4,516
Not a Cowboy's fan, even a little but dude's ankle went 90 degrees.

Hoping for a full recovery.
Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
Dennis - Austin,TX

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That blows.  Shoulda taken the ca$h when he could.  Hasn't missed a start
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    I am not a Cowboys fan, but have always like Dak going back to his days in college ball. Truly sad to hear this.
    I knew that he and the Cowboys couldn't come to terms, but I did not know the numbers. I just read that he turned down a 5 year deal of 172.5 million with 100 million guaranteed. I sure hope the surgery goes well.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    That was just fugly....reminded me of Joe Theismann.   Hard to watch no matter who you root for. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I understand his current deal guarantees $30 million (in round numbers). He won't starve.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Teefus said:
    I understand his current deal guarantees $30 million (in round numbers). He won't starve.
    Not to mention the 50 million in disability insurance he has on himself. Glad he’s protected. He may not play again. Best case is he’s back on the field next year for Dallas and signs another franchise tag at like 38 million guaranteed to prove himself 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    That was the most gruesome I have seen since Theisman. Seems like a great guy who does things the right way. Very bummed to see this. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I really like Dak, fun to watch.  On the bright side, as gruesome as that was, that's (according to doctors) something that he can recover from 100%, if there are no complications like infection, nerve damage, etc. 
    I really like Dak, fun to watch.  On the bright side, as gruesome as that was, that's (according to doctors) something that he can recover from 100%, if there are no complications like infection, nerve damage, etc. 
    that’s great to hear. Certainly looked horrible when it happened. Feet are not supposed to do that. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    that’s great to hear. Certainly looked horrible when it happened. Feet are not supposed to do that. 

What you didn't see was the bone poking out of his skin.  It was a compound fracture.  There's obviously an infection risk there, but not like he broke it in a pig sty.
    Options
    Now if JJ will stop being an ass and pony up... like he should have already...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    edited October 2020
    Options
    JJ has every right to run his team into the ground.  Repeatedly.  But he didn’t injure Dak.

Dak does seem like a nice guy, and talented.  I hope he does make a full recovery.

But 5 years $172MM turned down?  We all make choices.  We live with our choices.

edit: JJ is incapable of not being an ass.
  • SemolinaPilchard
    SemolinaPilchard Posts: 1,282
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Jerry offered him a 5 year contract at 34.5 million per year. Right now he is franchise tagged at 33 million. For the few that don't know, the franchise tag is the average of the 5 top paid players salaries at that position.
    I think Jerry Jones is a horse's ass on steroids, but that was a great offer for Dak.

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    I don’t know if JJ was thinking about Covid and the 2021 cap when he was negotiating, but the Cowboys have virtually zero room under next year’s projected cap. So if Dak was betting that Jerry would open his wallet wider for a big deal in 2021, that’s not looking like it will - or even can - happen. 
    New Orleans LA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    It appears that I believed the wrong article (and that I don't understand the NFL cap). But money notwithstanding... JJ is still an ass. And I hope Dak fully recovers!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    It appears that I believed the wrong article (and that I don't understand the NFL cap). But money notwithstanding... JJ is still an ass. And I hope Dak fully recovers!
    I agree with both of your closing points 😀

New Orleans LA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Bridgewaters recovery should build some confidence in a comeback or that it can be done. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited October 2020
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Bridgewaters recovery should build some confidence in a comeback or that it can be done. 
    YEPP, very pleasant turn of fortune for the Panthers
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.