Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fusion

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Cool stuff!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    one step closer to a pure fusion bomb
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    31 years ago we didn't have internet or cell phones.

"What will we know tomorrow that we don't know today"
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Once the fire us lit, can it be put out?
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    one step closer to the extinction of fossil fuels
    FTFY
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    It will create a giant black hole and destroy the earth. Or was that the large hadron collider?

XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    one step closer to the extinction of fossil fuels....and everything else =) ok, thats better
    fukahwee maine

• frazzdaddy
    Options
    FIRE IS BAD, IT BURNS
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    FIRE IS BAD, IT BURNS
    Luddites gotta luddite.  
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    All kidding aside, the stuff coming down the pipe is amazing.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Still not small enough to fit in my teacup. It seems like they are forever 'just on the verge' of reaching the massive temperatures and pressures necessary to start the process. I don't think I'll live to see it, honestly. This project is the perfect demonstration that science is advanced by the occasional rare genius(/sarcasm).

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    I just hope they don't have as many NIMBY's moaning about them as they do for the current nuclear reactors. Those could have replaced fossil fuels years ago.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Yno said:
    I just hope they don't have as many NIMBY's moaning about them as they do for the current nuclear reactors. Those could have replaced fossil fuels years ago.
    I live in the safest place I have ever lived. I am 6 miles from a nuclear power plant and 40 miles from Fort Bragg. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Yno said:
    Anything is possible of course, but fusion reactors do not produce high-activity long-life nuclear waste.  This is a very different technology from fission reactors.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    As different as fission and fusion warheads although fusion needs fission for a starter B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    edited October 2020
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    As different as fission and fusion warheads although fusion needs fission for a starter B)
    Now we have an expert in the convo. Your thoughts on the possibilities sir?
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    lousubcap said:

a true fusion warhead would be truly scary if you didnt need the fission starter, would be really difficult to monitor who has the bomb or bomb making capabilities.  seems strange not to build the bomb  first approach, thats not like us
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:

a true fusion warhead would be truly scary if you didnt need the fission starter, would be really difficult to monitor who has the bomb or bomb making capabilities.  seems strange not to build the bomb  first approach, thats not like us
    We tried.  We didn’t get anywhere.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    See the above comments-no expert here.  I was out there sailing around with the world's finest firecrackers!  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I can’t believe none of you have asked if you can boil water with one of these things.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about bbq egg rolls or curry poutine.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    lousubcap said:
    See the above comments-no expert here.  I was out there sailing around with the world's finest firecrackers!  B)
    Using the worlds finest propulsion engines. 8^)
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    I can’t believe none of you have asked if you can boil water with one of these things.
    or at least power a counter top sous vide.....NOLA probably already working on that.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    I prefer my fusion cold.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm on fission power from Waterford 3.
    Options
    lousubcap said:

thats a little while ago, this new experiment may spark new interest. we may just get that bomb first, oh wait, russia probably already has one
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:

thats a little while ago, this new experiment may spark new interest. we may just get that bomb first, oh wait, russia probably already has one
    Sounds plausible fish, and not at all like the rantings of someone whose brain's been soaking in gin for years.   
  • fishlessman
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Sounds plausible fish, and not at all like the rantings of someone whose brain's been soaking in gin for years.   

actually sounds more like a guy that pulled a work crew off a site that looks to be going covid today. not a good day. sent them home til tuesday to get tested and cleared while waiting on word from the site. soaking my brain in gin tonight does sound like a good idea
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:

actually sounds more like a guy that pulled a work crew off a site that looks to be going covid today. not a good day. sent them home til tuesday to get tested and cleared while waiting on word from the site. soaking my brain in gin tonight does sound like a good idea
    Ooof sorry to hear that man.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Ooof sorry to hear that man.

this winter is really going to suck the way things are appearing to gear up.
    fukahwee maine