Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tom Seaver

YukonRon
YukonRon Posts: 16,984
Baseball lost an all time great. 

The Amazing Mets from 1969, a worst to first story that had an amazing young pitching staff that became legends.

Lost to covid 19 with underlying issues.

He has rounded third and he is headed home.

RIP
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    What a pitcher.  Class act across the board.
    He held the MBL HOF highest first ballot vote percentage from 1992 til 2016.  
    RIP.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited September 2020
    He an Nolan Ryan we’re always to of my favorite pictures to watch. He (Tom) will be safe at home for sure. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    He an Nolan Ryan we’re always to of my favorite pictures to watch. He (Tom) will be safe at home for sure. 
    Same - Ryan and Seaver, 2 all-time favorites.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Mine as well, with the addition of Maddux.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Mine as well, with the addition of Maddux.
    I would add JR Richards of the Astros to the list. That said, his Carrer was cut way too short....would loved to have seen him for years in the league .....and where he might have landed in the record books. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnEggGio
    More recent, Randy Johnson comes to mind.  Bottom of the 9th one night at Camden Yards, the crowd had thinned out and I was able to move down right behind the O's dugout.  RJ struck out the side, including Cal on 3 pitches for the final out.  Awesome.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Pedro at his peak was the guy for me.  He was unreal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yWa0e7hAvk

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnEggGio
    Utterly amazing - the baseball stats that are readily available.  I had forgotten it was quite a pitching duel - complete games by Johnson and Ben McDonald.  I was wrong on one point - it took 4 pitches to strikeout Cal.  June 5, 1995.

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    SWMBO was in the stands the night Cal sat out. She was getting a beer when they announced the lineup. She said the place went nuts.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnEggGio
    SWMBO was in the stands the night Cal sat out. She was getting a beer when they announced the lineup. She said the place went nuts.
    Pretty cool!  I wasn't there the night he tied, but my wife and I were there the next night when he became the record holder.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    You think he’s got the velocity and technical skill comparable to today’s pitchers?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Must have been 25 or 30 years ago,I took my youngest son to a card show that he was signing at. My son asked if he would sign a ball Tom "Terrific" Seaver and he did. Great guy!

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Seaver started suffering from Dementia in 2013, Covid had nothing to do with it.  quit spreading disinformation  
  • Seaver started suffering from Dementia in 2013, Covid had nothing to do with it.  quit spreading disinformation  

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Seaver started suffering from Dementia in 2013, Covid had nothing to do with it.  quit spreading disinformation  
    Everyone else seems to think otherwise...CBS, NPR, CNN, NY Times, USA Today, NY Daily News and NBC for example. They all say..."Seaver died Monday in his sleep of complications of Lewy body dementia and Covid-19, the National Baseball Hall of Fame said." Quit spreading disinformation.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Thats right, I forgot.  anyone who dies these days dies from covid, regardless of other diseases, age or illness.  Similar to the kid in Florida who was killed in a motorcycle crash, but it was assumed that Corona caused the crash.  My mistake  
  • Thats right, I forgot.  anyone who dies these days dies from covid, regardless of other diseases, age or illness.  Similar to the kid in Florida who was killed in a motorcycle crash, but it was assumed that Corona caused the crash.  My mistake  
    You seem like a super smart person.  
  • Lou Brock died today as well.  Diabetes, multiple Myeloma.  Sad.  
  • Hmmmmm...........
  • Beginning of a really bad troll account?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Lou Brock died today too.   Sad day for baseball.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Gr_egger said:
    Beginning of a really bad troll account?
    LOL you think?