Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Good Asian Salad Dressing

So good, figured I would share.  Tonight we dressed salad with this dressing & also poured over Cod and cooked en en papillote.  Some cold Pearl creamy nigori Sake.  Good stuff.
Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    That recipe looks good. I plan to give it a try.
    Thanks for posting
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    @NDG - that is right up my alley.  Thank you for posting it.  

We had another round of the Lemongrass Chicken tonight.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    edited September 2020
    @GregW yes try it - I have been on a quest to find a good asian dressing similar to what you get at restaurant and FINALLY found a winner !!  This recipe makes lots of volume, so make it all and gift some away to friends :) I took this pic from cook book, but I have no idea what one it came from ?!?!?  

@Mattman3969 lemongrass chicken!! clean eating w/ so much flavor is hard, but that recipe nailed it.   This cod had tons of flavor too, put bok choy & shiitakes under fish in parchment, and extra dressing / good soy on after cook.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • we love that dressing. Next time substitute a little sesame oil in with some of the veggie oil. Couple of tablespoons is plenty. Really adds a great flavor to that dressing.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    When I get around to making this, I'm tempted to experiment with adding few drops of Red Boat 40 N to a small sample.
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    Can Shaoshing wine be substituted for Mirin?  

And I haven't seen unfiltered Saki since what's-her-name.   ;)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    we love that dressing. Next time substitute a little sesame oil in with some of the veggie oil. Couple of tablespoons is plenty. Really adds a great flavor to that dressing.
    I would clarify that by saying toasted sesame oil is what you might want to add. It is the one with the sought after flavor. Plain ole sesame seed oil is rather flavorless.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Wait - @The Cen-Tex Smoker did I get that salad dressing  recipe from you ?? Lol I found it saved as pix on my phone, just assumed I snapped it from one of my cookbooks
    Columbus, OH

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Thank you for sharing, I will definitely make this!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Botch said:
    Can Shaoshing wine be substituted for Mirin?  

And I haven't seen unfiltered Saki since what's-her-name.   ;)
    Mirin is usually sweeter. You could easily add some sugar to the mix, if using shaoxing wine, or other Chinese cooking wines/wine vinegars. 

And, bookmarked! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.