Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3-1-1 baby backs

Gravytrain84
Gravytrain84 Posts: 322
I’ve never foiled my ribs before but decided to try something different today. The results were excellent and I’ll probably use foil from now on. 

Cooked them at 250 for 5 hours with applewood chunks. 

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    I’m an anti-foiler but those look superb. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    dmchicago said:
    I’m an anti-foiler but those look superb. 
    Definately try it very much worth the effort. While foiled, I add honey, butter and Tiger sauce. Last 30 mins I sauce them.

Beautiful cook thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jwallace83
    jwallace83 Posts: 35
    Looks tasty!!
    3- BGE’s  2(Large) 1(Mini Max) 
    1- Santa Maria Outfitters Pit 
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Great looking a racks! In my experience when I foil I tend to get more fall off the bone texture while leaving naked still gives me a little more pull in each bite. Depends on what I’m feeling for the day but both are great. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Great cook... 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    So do you smoke flat on grates for 3,  grill for color flat on grates higher heat then foil for doneness, sauce while in the foil? 
    Columbus, Ohio
  • jdMyers said:
    So do you smoke flat on grates for 3,  grill for color flat on grates higher heat then foil for doneness, sauce while in the foil? 
    I'm thinking he did the 3 hours indirect, 1 hour foiled, and last hour back to indirect.  Sauced the last 30 min.  Other variations are 3-2-1 which i think makes them too mushy, and i like the 3-1.5-1.  

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!