Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Mr. Buffalo...

Options
QDude
QDude Posts: 1,052
It is time to stop the relentless and pointless political threads here. Members constantly attacking each other does not add anything to this forum and in the long run will damage it. Have you noticed that there seems to be fewer people participating and there appear to be fewer topics?

We do not need this BS here!

Some may feel that these political threads are no big deal but I would argue to the contrary.  If we attack one another here, it likely carries on in other aspects of our lifes. I call on the Mother Ship to make this forum a better place which may possibly make the country just a little bit better. Wishful thinking? Of course it is but I feel compelled to make the forum better and welcoming again. 

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    A whole page of threads on my screen and 1 political thread. Hardly relentless and you can ignore it if you don't like it.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Amen. Unfortunately there have been numerous requests like this and they just fall on deaf ears. 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Is anyone else reading this in ALL CAPS and in Kimberly Guilfoyle's voice?

Seriously, tho....there's only 1 current thread that has any pointless political posts in it and it's easily avoided.

Actually, it's better when the stuff you don't want to read is easy to avoid, no?

I mean, I have no interest in ABT's so I just avoid those threads. They give me the runs.

Also, I think @Trim and @Lit are complete A-Holes, bt if I met them in person, I'd buy them a beer and swap BBQ tales.

Also again, many of the folks who are on oppsite sides of the political fence in this forum get along just fine on the Friday night Zoom sessions.

If you haven't joined one, please stop by sometime!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    QDude said:
    It is time to stop the relentless and pointless political threads here. Members constantly attacking each other does not add anything to this forum and in the long run will damage it. Have you noticed that there seems to be fewer people participating and there appear to be fewer topics?

Some may feel that these political threads are no big deal but I would argue to the contrary.  If we attack one another here, it likely carries on in other aspects of our lifes. I call on the Mother Ship to make this forum a better place which may possibly make the country just a little bit better. Wishful thinking? Of course it is but I feel compelled to make the forum better and welcoming again. 
    As far as I can tell, you have like ZERO cook threads on this forum over the past several years at least.

Just an observation.   You do have some ability to influence what is actually discussed on this site in ways that are different from whining about somebody else.  Radical concept, I know.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Lit said:
    Amen. Unfortunately there have been numerous requests like this and they just fall on deaf ears. 
    You seem happy to participate in them and also to try and burn down the 'what are you doing' thread from time to time.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Lit said:
    You seem happy to participate in them and also to try and burn down the 'what are you doing' thread from time to time.
    Lit's just upset that he asked the Buffalo to delete his account, and that request also fell on deaf ears.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:

Seriously, tho....there's only 1 current thread that has any pointless political posts in it and it's easily avoided.

Actually, it's better when the stuff you don't want to read is easy to avoid, no?

I mean, I have no interest in ABT's so I just avoid those threads. They give me the runs.

Also, I think @Trim and @Lit are complete A-Holes, bt if I met them in person, I'd buy them a beer and swap BBQ tales.

Also again, many of the folks who are on oppsite sides of the political fence in this forum get along just fine on the Friday night Zoom sessions.

I have a good feeling about this Friday's session.  I think it's going to be one for the ages.  
  • Lit
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Lit said:
    Lit's just upset that he asked the Buffalo to delete his account, and that request also fell on deaf ears.  
    Actually all this started 4 years ago with the same crew. I didnt get involved last time. Even the thread that got nuked from Ron that started all this my first post on that thread was why are you posting this crap on the forum. No need for all the political and agenda related crap here. 
  • Lit
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Lit said:
    You are really bad at the truth. I guess over there from time to time also means that one time.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Eoin said:
    Lit said:
    You are really bad at the truth. I guess over there from time to time also means that one time.
    Is he wrong about you dragging personal fights with forum members into the "What Are You Doing Now" thread?  Seems to me that's what got that thread sunk not that long ago.  
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Call this the second cat fight thread.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    QDude said:

This is your fault.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    dmchicago said:

I have a good feeling about this Friday's session.  I think it's going to be one for the ages.  
    I AGREE IT WILL BE AWESOME!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    You know, I don't really care what cigar anyone is smoking so I don't click onto that thread. Seems to solve that issue for me pretty well. Perhaps that option exists for you on things labeled OT or that you learn after opening might not be a topic that suits you particular interests. As long as folks aren't derailing cooking threads or planting political comments where they don't belong and getting stuff buffaloed, I don't really see this as something to start an entire new non-cooking thread about.
    Stillwater, MN
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I look at this as a formatting issue of the website. There should be a different layout. Every other forum I’ve joined has sub topics where you can post. You could have a sub topic for charcoal, smoke woods, accessories, , cook posts, OT stuff. Instead On here everything just gets thrown into one place. I don’t love the political crap either but I’ve grown to shrug it off. Some of it is hilarious. Instead of stifling free speech we should all be asking for BGE to reformat the website. But ultimately it’s theirs to what they wish. I think reformatting the layout is a great alternative to the whole site getting shut down which no one wants

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Eoin said:
    Lit said:
    Is he wrong about you dragging personal fights with forum members into the "What Are You Doing Now" thread?  Seems to me that's what got that thread sunk not that long ago.  
    Then he should have said that one time not from time to time. Im not going to argue with you guys and it is nice that most of it is in one thread now. Maybe the buffalo can allow a dedicated political thread to live so we know what we are getting if we click on it.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    You know, I don't really care what cigar anyone is smoking so I don't click onto that thread. Seems to solve that issue for me pretty well. Perhaps that option exists for you on things labeled OT or that you learn after opening might not be a topic that suits you particular interests. As long as folks aren't derailing cooking threads or planting political comments where they don't belong and getting stuff buffaloed, I don't really see this as something to start an entire new non-cooking thread about.
    Agree, why is this so incredibly hard for some... folks
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Lit
    Options
    Because thats not how it normally is. The political
    crap is normally everywhere especially election time.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Lit said:
    So a complete lack of self control. JUST DON'T GO IN THE THREAD.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    So a complete lack of self control. JUST DON'T GO IN THE THREAD.
    No the way it is now where its just one thread isnt how it normally is. You are pretty new here but plenty of good cook threads have been buffaloed by politics. You would click a steak cook and find people arguing over politics. I would love it if the buffalo left a political thread going so it has a place.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    For someone that said they were quitting the forum and actually asked the Buffalo to delete their account that Lit person sure posts a lot.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Eoin said:
    Lit said:
    Then he should have said that one time not from time to time. Im not going to argue with you guys and it is nice that most of it is in one thread now. Maybe the buffalo can allow a dedicated political thread to live so we know what we are getting if we click on it.
    Yes, God forbid someone click on a thread, discover it is not what they expected, and then be forced to somehow click on it again.  
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    And I thought the right wanted less government/rules.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Lit
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    For someone that said they were quitting the forum and actually asked the Buffalo to delete their account that Lit person sure posts a lot.
    Its so funny something came to me the other day. Not sure if its right but werent you the pizza dough guy?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Is it election time right now?  

Do you see politics entering into cook threads?  And it's pretty well policed in the WAYDRN thread.  

So... how is it "everywhere" ?  

An occasional throwaway thread goes sideways and gets there, like the "Uhmm" thread.  But that's about it.

Really if people can't figure out where this kind of thing tends to be, they're really just not working that hard.  Or they just can't help themselves.  

• frazzdaddy
    Options
    BTW it is not EVERYWHERE, It's just some people can't see anything else.

Lit said:

Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Eoin said:
    Lit said:
    Yes, God forbid someone click on a thread, discover it is not what they expected, and then be forced to somehow click on it again.  
    Or they could just not click on it at all if the title reflected it, Sorry seemed like a common sense solution to me.