Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Platesetter broken!

Options
Was grilling some pork chops late last night on my large egg in the dark. I needed to speed up the process so I took out my platesetter to go direct. I set it down on the floor leaning and the damn thing tipped over and broke! 90% of my cooks I use it, so this is just awesome. Happy day!

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    Devastating!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Or get a cast iron one from SmokeWare. 
  • Runamuck
    Runamuck Posts: 38
    Options
    My heart just sank. I've been thinking CGS, but budget is tight right now. Thinking adjustable rig R&B Combo. Should a person get the extender and grid bundle at the same time,  or can just the r&b combo do more than enough?
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    The extender is very nice to have, I use it quite a bit. But just the basic combo is a good start. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Runamuck said:
    My heart just sank. I've been thinking CGS, but budget is tight right now. Thinking adjustable rig R&B Combo. Should a person get the extender and grid bundle at the same time,  or can just the r&b combo do more than enough?
    Nice to have the upper rack but you can always add it later. Look at the shipping cost. Many times if you order a rig set you get into free shipping. Ordering the extender later might cost you shipping.
    Just trying to help you justify.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Runamuck
    Runamuck Posts: 38
    Options
    Exactly why I was thinking both-free shipping. Are there ever any sales or deals for our forum members?
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Free shipping on orders over $99 so if you get the extender with the oval and sliding D grid you’ll be over that on a separate order later on if you just go with the basic AR combo first. You could also add on a spider and round stone later on with the extender with just the sliding D grid to get free shipping. The round stone on the spider below the AR combo expands you cooking area even more. The spider can also be used with a wok. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Runamuck said:
    Exactly why I was thinking both-free shipping. Are there ever any sales or deals for our forum members?
    You can try discount code “photoeggpimpmyshit” but I think Tom pulled that code.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I think he a newsletter you can sign up for
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    Do a search for "Blaze Kamado" and never worry about cracks again.  I enjoyed my BGE for well over a decade, but it was time to move on to something that didn't crack.  I couldn't be happier with my decision. 
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    Devastating!
    I wonder how many Eggers remember the original thread... Nice call back.

Cheers,
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn