Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally broke 80

Options

Comments

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    To add some unnecessary spice to this thread, I am 

1) STILL pumped about my score
    2) already expecting sub 80 rounds every time now 
    3) without a 60-degree wedge.  I was so pumped about canning that putt that I left it on the side of the 18th green.  (The course has it in the lost and found though, so I’ll get it back)
    4) blown away at how ANY thread can go off the rails
    5) a big fan of golf forums as well
    6) still a big fan of JIC and NolaEgghead.  Never met them, but look forward to it.  Mainly to see Carey’s man cave and get advice from a local about where the best shrimp PoBoy can be found.

If one of you starts a thread promoting three putts, or double bogeys I’ll talk some sh*t.  Otherwise, I’m good. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,033
    Options
    @SaltySam - you are welcome in NC (or the Friday Zoom sessions) at any time.

And I can testify to Nola’s Po Boy knowledge.  Those things are legit.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @SaltySam... jump on Golf WRX forum if you want to improve your game.   Lots of nice “friendly” golfers hang out there, with zero “issues” to put up with. Very helpful, caring crowd of people hang out on WRX.  And they have a good classifieds section, as well as the “19th” hole for politics and non-golf issues. Zero drama and none of Nola’s lame troll postings to deal with. Check it out!
    Uh huh.  Are you as clueless on that forum as you are on this one?

This is truly pathetic, John. You should volunteer some of the free time you have. I can assure you it will make you feel a lot better than spending it on the above. 
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan....you said it best.  What person “with a life” would  stalk threads and make “stupid” comments like this to “derail” this thread away from the original posters golf theme!  What a waste of time and energy.  It’s a “control” Issue, and seems to be reoccurring on a lot of JIC’s posts. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I can make another 16,000+ comments on this site, and I’m willing to bet none of them will ever surpass the galactic stupidity of citing British harassment law to explain why the Big Green Egg company is legally required to create a safe space for all members of this forum.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Asking for a friend: Has anyone trademarked the phrase "JIC Derangement Syndrome" yet?
    Stillwater, MN
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Asking for a friend: Has anyone trademarked the phrase "JIC Derangement Syndrome" yet?
    That would make for a pretty good Zoom topic.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @SaltySam - my apologies for my involvement in the derailment here.

I used to be into golf but was never really any good at it, so I can appreciate what you have done and what it must have felt like.  My game was always a lot more “in the woods” than “Tiger Woods”.  
  • SaltySam
    Options
    “galactic stupidity” 

that one’s going in the old grammar quiver 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited July 2020
    Options
    SaltySam said:
    “galactic stupidity” 

Funny stuff. That’s one of the terms college kids use to describe their professors.  I’m sure JIC has been accused of it many times by his students!
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    SaltySam said:
    “galactic stupidity” 

Funny stuff. That’s one of the terms college kids use to describe their professors.  I’m sure JIC has been accused of it many times by his students!
    nah, just people that copy and paste without bothering to understand what they just .....read, I guess.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaeggheads_squirel
    Options
    Senior Senator out of S. Carolina reports Trump shot a 74 over the weekend.  He was playing with him so is legit, no footie wedges were used.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    "Double quotes" and let's emphasize that with "exclamation point"!

That is all.  Carry on.
    Options
    @littlerascal56 is this par for the course for you, and if so, are you on the "second hole" or is it a double bogey?   (Double quote exclamation point in there somewhere)
    Options
    Dude....are you smoking dope or what?  Your post makes ZERO sense .  You know you’re supposed to get smarter with age, but I see that is not your case.  Just because you are bored in your “trained monkey” lab analytical job, doesn’t mean you can demean others on this forum.  Grow up!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Dude....are you smoking dope or what?  Your post makes ZERO sense .  You know you’re supposed to get smarter with age, but I see that is not your case.  Just because you are bored in your “trained monkey” lab analytical job, doesn’t mean you can demean others on this forum.  Grow up!
    Hahaha....awesome!
    Options
    As Stike famously said "that whooshing sound..."
    Options
    Dude....are you smoking dope or what?  Your post makes ZERO sense . 
    It's really not all that difficult to understand.  I'll help you out.  Step one: find the river of sewage in the picture.  Step two: realize that the red cap at the end is one of these:

Step three: look at the hats in your own closet.  
  • nolaegghead
    Options

I beg your pardon, sir.  I am a "*HIGHLY* trained monkey".  Harumph.

Just wanted to straighten that out for the record.
    edited July 2020
    Options
    It's really not all that difficult to understand.  I'll help you out.  Step one: find the river of sewage in the picture.  Step two: realize that the red cap at the end is one of these:

John... so glad you can help me out, since you are so smart...you are not going to be a happy camper after the election in November. This will not go your way, so you might want to prepare yourself for the inevitable.  I’ll mail you some MAGA red caps after the election results are in. They make cool golf caps.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

John... so glad you can help me out, since you are so smart...you are not going to be a happy camper after the election in November. This will not go your way, so you might want to prepare yourself for the inevitable.  I’ll mail you some MAGA red caps after the election results are in. They make cool golf caps.
    For the sake of the country and world,  I hope you are wrong.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/national/
    Options

That is a difference between you and me, for sure.  I don’t look at elections as mostly opportunities to make the people I disagree with angry.  
  • SaltySam
    Options
    my golf post is gonna get buffaloed.  

Don’t worry, guys.  I’ll re-post

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SaltySam said:
    my golf post is gonna get buffaloed.  

Don’t worry, guys.  I’ll re-post
    Especially if you break 80 again!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

😂
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaeggheads_squirel
    Options

MAGA is so 2016, 2020 is KEEP AMERICA GREAT, or did reality cause a revert to 2016?
  • nolaegghead
    Options

MAGA is so 2016, 2020 is KEEP AMERICA GREAT, or did reality cause a revert to 2016?

I'm not sure I want to keep being this great if this is what "great" is.  Bob, you want to chime in here?
    This thread is not what I expected it to be.  
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    You were perhaps looking for a birthday thread?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Terpderpitude
    Options
    You were perhaps looking for a birthday thread?
    That would have made sense.  The thread is full of gifts, just not those kind.