Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All American meal...

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
Morning All:

Today was baby back ribs & corn on the cob...can't get much more All-American than that...Ribs went on first...both half-racks first had a layer of Dizzy Pig Mediterranean-ish, then the left slab has DP SPICY Pineapple Head (just released) while the right slab is DP regular Pineapple Head...

Went indirect about 275 to 300, no wrap for just over 4 hours, corn on the other large Egg direct at about 400, brushing with melted butter & DP Shaking the Tree...about 20 minutes later ready for everything to come off...

Looking ready to be devoured...oh yeah, brownies for dessert too (no pics)...

Also the past week we had the front of the house upgraded from this...

to this...

Will be adding gutters & new sod in the next week or so to complete the upgrade.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    There is a new Pineapple Head?  So in...
    NOLA
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    That meal looks wonderful.  And the home upgrade does too!
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Good to hear there is a new “improved” Pineapple Head, many of us have been hacking it with pepper, ghost flakes and even Swamp Venom if you want to keep the strain pure. 
    Will be awhile before I can get south of the 49th to get some. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    very nice Jay on both accounts
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Wait ... there’s a spicy Pineapple Head now?!?! Yesssss!!

Nice home upgrade, too. Looks like a nice spot to set for a spell. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 688
    Options
    My best wings are a mix of swamp venom and pineapple head. Ordered the spicy version earlier. I also ordered a hat. It was called Texas orange? Is that a thing? Go Tigers.