Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco Butts

TEXASBGE2018
TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
edited April 2020 in Pork
Totally forgot to post this as I’ve been busy this week. Made a couple boneless butts last weekend seasoned with The Gospel, 3 cherry chunks at 275 for 12 hours. This was a 17lb cryovac pack at Costco. One was about 9lbs and the other 7lbs. Wanted to shake things up a bit so instead of bbq sauce I made a homemade cheese sauce and some crispy fried onions. Served with homemade flour tortillas. ‘Twas good my friends.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Those tacos don't look very good.  I'd probably stop after eating 10 or 12 of them.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• marcdc
    marcdc Posts: 126
    Looks great, can’t go wrong with cheese sauce 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    All this time at home has awakened my inner love for cheese. These would do nicely. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Bought some Costco butts but haven't cooked them yet. Wish they were bone in. Was thinking about trussing them, have you ever done that? Wonder if there would be a difference?

I agree with Foghorn! 
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Great cook...and love the idea of cheese sauce.  Never invite me for tacos if you want others to have one.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Lwoodie
    Lwoodie Posts: 7
    Costco has Butts? I've never seen them nor Tri-Tips, we must be too far away from the Cows & Pigs in Illinois ...