Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

OT - Tiger King

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 34,489

• HendersonTRKingHendersonTRKing Posts: 1,701
    Binged it in 3 separate sessions.  Started it before the hype and thought it was awesome for the first 2 episodes -- it was nice to be distracted by something crazier than the the current situation.  Watched the middle 3 a few days later with an increasing sense of discomfort, although Doc Antle kept me interested and amused as he seemed to be living the life and getting his pie w/o actually killing anyone (could be wrong, but that was my takeaway --crazy, evil, manipulative, but maybe not murderously so).  By the end, I found it mostly depressing and sad.  Like coming down from a sugar (or meth) high, I suppose, with plenty of embarrassment, shame and lament for yet another sign of the end of the American Century, if ever there were such a thing, and the slide of civilization itself.  But maybe I'm overthinking it?  Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and a show is just a show.   

So I finished it, checked it off the list, and now when I want to see something totally bizarre, depressing and sad, I just turn on POTUS's daily pressers.  J/K, I don't need to see anything that awful these days.  Hunters was pretty good!  And Ozark is back.  And Billions is on the way.  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • BattlebornBattleborn Posts: 1,870

Las Vegas, NV
    LG BGE, off-set smoker & various Weber's 
  • DobieDobie Posts: 3,080

Jacksonville FL
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 10,446
    S1:E7 at about 23:30

Ex Zoo-keepers smashburger technique looks good. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 18,544
    Just finished episode 2.  All of these people are broken, good Lord.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

The other ahole

Living large in the 919
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,411
    Finished it up tonight. Everybody is crazy, and Carole definitely did it. 
  • yumdingeryumdinger Posts: 254
    Carole reminds me of Hillary......in several ways. 
    And Jeff Lowe IS Joe Biden
  • Hoster05Hoster05 Posts: 241

did you catch him using his bare hand on the burger before using the spatula?  just another gross scene in a series of gross things.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • Hoster05Hoster05 Posts: 241
    it was brought to my attention yesterday that in Brittney Spears VMA appearance in 2001 she did some performance with a bunch of live animals.  The tiger in the show was handled by non other than Bhagavan "Doc" antle....

Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 16,849

After watching the series, THIS is what you hone in on?? 
  • Hairless_HandHairless_Hand Posts: 211
    What about the meat for their pizzas coming from the “Walmart truck”. 

These characters are some really sad cases on this show. It is terrible to know that people are this messed up and misguided in everything that they do. 
    edited April 2
    I’m going to watch it again this weekend. There’s no way you can fully absorb all of it the first time through. 
  • StillH2OEggerStillH2OEgger Posts: 3,113
    Just got through No. 5 last night. Definitely trying to avoid binge watching this series because there's just so much that needs to absorb. That eulogy was nothing short of poetry.
    Stillwater, MN
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 11,131
    It’s like a battle royale of con-men, some more delusional than others, but all cons feeding on broken people.
  • Kent8621Kent8621 Posts: 837
    Hoster05 said:
    it was brought to my attention yesterday that in Brittney Spears VMA appearance in 2001 she did some performance with a bunch of live animals.  The tiger in the show was handled by non other than Bhagavan "Doc" antle....

there was a photo of Brittany next to that b***h Carol at one of the awards shows also.  

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 4,300
    Just got through No. 5 last night. Definitely trying to avoid binge watching this series because there's just so much that needs to absorb. That eulogy was nothing short of poetry.
    them beautiful gold nuggets......
    There’s so much that I bet a lot of people forgot about the drug dealer who cut the guy up
    with a saw. 
    There’s so much that I bet a lot of people forgot about the drug dealer who cut the guy up
    with a saw. 
    Hey, he did like two months in prison for that.
    Stillwater, MN
    them beautiful gold nuggets......
    "You've all seen em."
    Stillwater, MN
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,411
    with a saw. 
    Not only that, he seemed to be the most “normal” one of them too.
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 11,131
    He didn’t cut him up, he was just there. Seemed the most honest of them.
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 21,342
    Legume said:
    He didn’t cut him up, he was just there. Seemed the most honest of them.
    “Did I actually use the saw in him? No. But I was there so what are you gonna do?” (Paraphrased) 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX
  • cookingdude555cookingdude555 Posts: 2,850

“If Axe Body Spray was a person”
    On the surface, its easy to see why this young man scores with the ladies, but when you add in the Tiger parties in Las Vegas hotel rooms, it becomes even more obvious.

John - SLC, UT

Several eggs ..

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 34,489

“If Axe Body Spray was a person”
    Is this littlerascal56?  Because that is almost exactly how I picture him in my head.  "Lookie here the stock market graph duuuuhh de derrp"