Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

OT: My Kid's School Just Closed Due to Coronavirus

Comments

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 16,892

I mean, Jesus
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Living large in the 919
    Just got home, and turned on the presidents press release...must have been a good one...for the Dow to recover +1985 points by closing.
    Short sellers closing their positions ahead of the weekend.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

Living large in the 919
  • TideEggHeadTideEggHead Posts: 874
    It's definitely getting sporty around here, I run camp programs and community events where I work. We just had a preliminary meeting Wednesday afternoon and a formal meeting Thursday morning to develop a response plan. Everything has all changed here as far as our operations in the last 48 hours.
    LBGE
    SC AL
  • BattlebornBattleborn Posts: 1,514
    Just got back from taking the dog for a walk. Noticed a car down the street with three 36 packs of TP stuffed in the back seat. They must be pretty brave, I've seen people burglarized/robbed for way less. Even when everyone wasn't going crazy.
    Las Vegas, NV
    LG BGE, off-set smoker & various Weber's 
  • frazzdaddyfrazzdaddy Posts: 1,670
    edited March 13
    Just got back from taking the dog for a walk. Noticed a car down the street with three 36 packs of TP stuffed in the back seat. They must be pretty brave, I've seen people burglarized/robbed for way less. Even when everyone wasn't going crazy.
    With all the sports event cancellations raising the boredom level, it may make for an interesting weekend .
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 10,291
    I'll get a lot of yard work done and hope I can get the family out for some bike rides and hikes in the woods.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CigarCityEggerCigarCityEgger Posts: 1,871
    Gotta say, with no sports the memes have been top notch 

• GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 7,701

I mean, Jesus
    Who's he holding hands with Jack Kevorkian? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • dmchicago said:
    Does anyone else think it’s profoundly dumb that the President and Vice President are standing next to each other during this news conference especially when they refuse to get tested? 
    And what’s with all the hand shaking and microphone adjusting?

Direct quote from Handshaker in Chief:
    "Every one of these doctors said, 'How do you know so much about this?' Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."

Awesome.

Living large in the 919
  • BattlebornBattleborn Posts: 1,514

Las Vegas, NV
    LG BGE, off-set smoker & various Weber's 
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 33,150
    Just got home, and turned on the presidents press release...must have been a good one...for the Dow to recover +1985 points by closing.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/peter-wehner-trump-presidency-over/607969/

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 7,129
    dmchicago said:
    Does anyone else think it’s profoundly dumb that the President and Vice President are standing next to each other during this news conference especially when they refuse to get tested? 

"Every one of these doctors said, 'How do you know so much about this?' Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."

shhhh ... we need #1 rated country to help us fight the virus  ;)
    canuckland
  • SemolinaPilchardSemolinaPilchard Posts: 1,271
    The Atlantic? LMAO
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 3,182
    @JohnInCarolina that is hilarious- great find. 

Greensboro, NC
  • CigarCityEggerCigarCityEgger Posts: 1,871
    I’ll drink to that 

• Sea2SkiSea2Ski Posts: 3,902
    Anyone think the maternity wards will be busy in 9-10 months?  Maybe diapers are going to be a “big” in demand item in the not to distant future?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
    The Atlantic? LMAO
    I know it's not "The Daily Stormer", sorry to disappoint you.

• GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 3,212
    Seriously WTF!!!!!!

Judging by the spelling this is at England or some other Commonwealth country.
  • dmchicago said:

shhhh ... we need #1 rated country to help us fight the virus  ;)
    This is my favourite part..... instead of accurately describing the role he is supposedly very apt to have occupied, he takes a predictable shortcut (because he doesn’t know what the role is), 
    by declaring “done that”. 

I generally refrain from the political comments, but I will say this... @lit hit the nail on the head a short while back. You have to feel for those who are blind to these things. 
    Seriously WTF!!!!!!

It's Costco.  So that could be in:

United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Mexico, Japan, China, Taiwan, Spain, France, South Korea, Iceland

Remove US and non English countries.

Idiots abide abroad and Hays KS

• HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 6,932
    Seriously WTF!!!!!!

It's Costco.  So that could be in:

United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Mexico, Japan, China, Taiwan, Spain, France, South Korea, Iceland

Remove US and non English countries.

Idiots abide abroad and Hays KS

Not likely a Costco in the US. I was just in the tire shop of my Costco a few weeks ago and they used the proper spelling of "Tire Center". :)
    Camped out in the (757/948/804)
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 3,212
    Haven’t got a Costco locally. All of them spell tire “tyre “?
  • LitLit Posts: 7,935
    I just need to grab a little lump and I’m set on everything for 2 months plus. I’m working from home and wife and kids are out of school. I don’t plan on leaving our cul de sac for a good 30 days unless something bad happens. 
    My Porsche dash will give me a "Low tyre pressure" warning.