Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Could Use Some Good Karma Today

Options
13»

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Good forward progress Mike.  Thoughts and well wishes still on.  Stay strong brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging update.  Keep the pressure on the med staff...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Thanks for the update. Continued prayers for her. 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Mike buddy I’ve been on vacation and just saw this. I’ve got life group tomorrow night and we’ll make sure we get some prayer warriors after this. Stay strong brother. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,143
    Options
    Thinking of you and the family a lot here in Greensboro. 

Keep the encouraging updates coming!!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Way to be a good advocate for your wife, @CTMike.  Thanks for the updates and we're still praying for a speedy recovery and good outcomes!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @CTMike - Way to bring it as you are right, the med community is not used to someone holding them accountable.  Sadly your experiences are likely not unique.  There is a serious lack of communication within any hospital and more than one Dr in the mix.
    Moments like those just get you fired up for more opportunities to calibrate 'em. 
    Stay strong. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    Options

Hey Mike, just wanted you let you know were still parying for good things and sending good vibes out to you, your wife, and family.

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

Hey Mike, just wanted you let you know were still praying for good things and sending good vibes out to you, your wife, and family.

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options

Sent 🙏

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

Sent 🙏

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

Sent 🙏

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options

Prayers sent. Hang in there.

LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• lousubcap
    Options

Thanks for the positive update. And you are right-the pace is never what we want but the positive slope is the main thing. The team has got this.

Take no prisoners.

• marysvilleksegghead
    Options

No . . . marysville ks egghead

land of OZ from the movie

HTH

Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options

Cap spends a bit of time in LEO so miss understandings can occur.😊

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    Options

@bgebrent - While true, family and I did spend the 1995 calendar year living in Canberra, ACT, OZ. Someone had to do it. He11 of a boondoogle year. 😎

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Go Nana!!  Seeing she's up and at 'em is a great sight.  
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    That is amazing.  Glad to see the positive progress this past year.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SmokeyLopey
    SmokeyLopey Posts: 435
    Options
    Glad to see she is doing so well! Go Team Nana!
  • builderdawg
    builderdawg Posts: 105
    Options
    Praying for you, your wife, and your family.
  • thetrim
    Options
    Go Nana Go!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    That’s awesome!!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    CTMike said:

So we are coming up on 1 year since my wife of almost 38 years needed open heart surgery to repair a failing aortic valve. Today we took delivery of a Peloton Tread to allow her to exercise indoors instead of outside in the heat/cold/pollen - all of which exacerbates her severe asthma.

She is starting out walking 30 minutes each day at a slow pace. If you have a Peloton or use the app, she could use followers to help keep her motivated. Her user name is Happy_Nana_of_4.

Thanks.

The tread deck is pretty cool, much different than any other tread, solid 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    CTMike said:

So we are coming up on 1 year since my wife of almost 38 years needed open heart surgery to repair a failing aortic valve. Today we took delivery of a Peloton Tread to allow her to exercise indoors instead of outside in the heat/cold/pollen - all of which exacerbates her severe asthma.

She is starting out walking 30 minutes each day at a slow pace. If you have a Peloton or use the app, she could use followers to help keep her motivated. Her user name is Happy_Nana_of_4.

Thanks.

The tread deck is pretty cool, much different than any other tread, solid 
    That is one thing that sets this treadmill apart (besides the price), instead of a continuous rubber belt, the deck is made up of individual aluminum slats coated with rubber. They are then linked together - similar to an escalator. Makes it very forgiving on the joints.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.