Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Was looking through my pictures and I found these from the ranch a few weeks back. Only second time I've had a chance to cook on the Pit Barrel. Used the rub from Smoke and Spice. Ribs came out pretty good but I felt like they could have gone a tad longer.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• milesvdustin
    Options
    She was there and had called the cops to get a report. It's just a car but still ****, second time people have messed this car up and it's only a year old 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    She was there and had called the cops to get a report. It's just a car but still ****, second time people have messed this car up and it's only a year old 
    I feel your pain man. My wives car has been hit in her parking lot 3 times since we leased it 2 years ago. She called me and sent me this pic last week. Of course they didn’t leave a note. Oh and it was in the shop for 8 weeks due to 12k in hail damage. I think this car is cursed. 

Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    I imagine a lot of cars are invisible to people driving full size pick up trucks. The bonnet line seems higher than a normal car's roof.
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Eoin said:
    I imagine a lot of cars are invisible to people driving full size pick up trucks. The bonnet line seems higher than a normal car's roof.
    In the case of mine, why back up when you can pull straight out into the travel lane? Lol

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Eoin said:
    In the case of mine, why back up when you can pull straight out into the travel lane? Lol

that was her space, looks like you were 1 inch over that yellow line :o=)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Eoin said:

that was her space, looks like you were 1 inch over that yellow line :o=)
    That's the curb at the body shop. I didnt snap a pic in the parking lot. 

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Nothing says Valentines like two ribeye. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Loading up my tailgate.....Time to Play Ball in the college ranks. 

See you at the Yard.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Cocktails for the Mrs and I

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Driving past the grocery store laughing at all the suckers picking out crappy flowers and candy for their wives. Thank God I have a wife that told me NEVER to buy her anything on this Hallmark Holiday. The trade off for me was get her random crap through the year. I got me a keeper.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Driving past the grocery store laughing at all the suckers picking out crappy flowers and candy for their wives. Thank God I have a wife that told me NEVER to buy her anything on this Hallmark Holiday. The trade off for me was get her random crap through the year. I got me a keeper.
    Nothing says " last minute" like a nice Mylar Baloon 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited February 2020
    Options
    D!ck in a box?
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Nothing says Valentines like two ribeye. 
    We had dinner in Morrisons Cafe and pizza for tea.
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Congrats @DMW.. Happy Friday.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    DMW said:
    Got an official offer letter yesterday, signed and submitted.
    Heard back today that everything is official, my start date is Feb 24th.
    Picked up new office furniture at Costco and redid my office. I really like this adjustable desk.

I still need a few more pieces so I can get rid of that ugly portion of a desk in the corner.

I've used a standing desk for the past year. Makes a world of difference. Congrats on the gig 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Happy for you buddy @DMW
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    This bar is crap! No cat nip!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You can’t have nothin nice to save your life. You just can’t.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    edited February 2020
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    MR.  After mostly cooked I slathered with oyster sauce and then togarachi.  Fvcking works
    Congratulations @DMW with Swift as a reference I was never worried 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    DMW said:
    Thanks everyone, the acquisition of the company I worked for was made public yesterday, so I can share a bit.
    I enjoyed my almost three years at Big Switch Networks immensely.
    Arista Networks approached Big Switch with an acquisition offer and the boards of both companies worked out terms agreeable to both.
    Arista decided they didn't need most of the Big Switch field/go to market team, and that was it for most of the team I was on.
    Here's Arista's Press Release:
    https://www.arista.com/en/company/news/press-release/9800-pr-20200214

I wish everyone from Big Switch that is continuing on at Arista all the best and hope that Arista's brand recognition in data center networking accelerates market adoption of Big Switch technology.

I've accepted a role at Hewlett Packard Enterprise as a Pre-Sales Enterprise Architect. It's a role I always had my eye on when I was at HPE before and I'm looking forward to the new challenge.
    Congratulations.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    DMW said:
    Thanks everyone, the acquisition of the company I worked for was made public yesterday, so I can share a bit.
    I enjoyed my almost three years at Big Switch Networks immensely.
    Arista Networks approached Big Switch with an acquisition offer and the boards of both companies worked out terms agreeable to both.
    Arista decided they didn't need most of the Big Switch field/go to market team, and that was it for most of the team I was on.
    Here's Arista's Press Release:
    https://www.arista.com/en/company/news/press-release/9800-pr-20200214

I wish everyone from Big Switch that is continuing on at Arista all the best and hope that Arista's brand recognition in data center networking accelerates market adoption of Big Switch technology.

I've accepted a role at Hewlett Packard Enterprise as a Pre-Sales Enterprise Architect. It's a role I always had my eye on when I was at HPE before and I'm looking forward to the new challenge.
    Congratulations, @dmw. Was thinking of you and your interview that Friday, as I had my own that day. Still waiting to hear back, but it went very positively and I have since been asked for references, etc.