Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just some simple chicken legs

Did a few chicken legs for dinner last night. Nothing fancy. Just some John Henry Texas Chicken Tickler for rub, raised direct at 400 with some apple wood chips for a bit of smoke.

Threw on some asparagus when the legs were almost done.

Plated up. So exciting, huh? There was a salad too. In a bowl. No pictures cuz.... salad. Am I right?

Is it weird that Duke will not pick up a chicken leg and eat it? Usually. Most times we have to cut the chicken off the bone. I think its weird.

I think tonight I'll just cook some simple steaks. Or not. I don't know. What ever Mrs. G picks up from Central Market and tells me to cook.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Looks simply delicious.  

I know some people that won't eat chicken off the bone. It does seem a little weird when it's an adult.  Most kids usually grow out of their food quirks.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I’m in!
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    beautiful.  I'd crush some
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    One of my favorites. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Neat trick on the asparagus. I never think to do that sort of thing until after I drop several through the grate...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    SciAggie said:
    Neat trick on the asparagus. I never think to do that sort of thing until after I drop several through the grate...

It's the only way I do it. I've lost so many to the Gods of Fire in the past.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• To this day, my wife and one of her daughters will not eat chicken on the bone.  I have to cut it off the bone.  Oh and (insert joke) neither on of them like dark meat.  Kills me.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    To this day, my wife and one of her daughters will not eat chicken on the bone.  I have to cut it off the bone.  Oh and (insert joke) neither on of them like dark meat.  Kills me.  
    My good friends wife is the same. Must be a phobia. No meat on the bone. Crazy. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Nice cook!  And I'll be using that asparagus method.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Boneless white meat only here. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    My kids still haven’t mastered forks... Duke will be alright!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    When time permits turn couple of drums into lollipops and colour them bright with kid friendly sauce, Duke may bite!
    canuckland
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    When time permits turn couple of drums into lollipops and colour them bright with kid friendly sauce, Duke may bite!
    Or find a good episode of The Flintstones...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas