Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Still paying for 3 adult children cell phone plans.  But that's all!
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    my car payment when I was 19 was $371 and my insurance was more than that
    $371/month would have bought a helluva nice ride when I was 19. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    edited February 2020
    Botch said:
    I hear ya.  My car insurance tripled when I moved to Albuquerque, even though I had no accidents (nor kids), all due to uninsured drivers.  When I learned that...
    I may have to finish this tomorrow, needs to be delicately worded.... :angry:

Why so many uninsured drivers? Not mandated? No real consequences? Both?

We are required to be insured. How do they even know who or how many are uninsured? Also if they know who they are why is it not rectified?
    When I lived there 40% of all drivers were uninsured; the fines for driving w/o insurance were less than insurance was, particularly if you had a DWI (or 28 DWIs, that's not an exaggeration).  There's not a way for me to "delicately word" the reason why without me sinking this thread, so PM me if you want more info.

I did a quick googlez search, NM is now only 4th-worst in the nation:
    https://www.compare.com/auto-insurance/coverage/10-worst-states-for-uninsured-motorists

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• You can’t drive negative equity 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    When I was 16 or 17, I had accumulated so many points on my license that I was excluded from my parents policy.  We signed paperwork starting I would never operate one of their vehicles.

I got my own policy and somehow my new insurance company didn't know I had points.  I even received good student and good driver discounts. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Eoin said:
    Caitriona (eldest) brought some mixed dates back from a recent trip to the Middle East. 

Add some bacon.

Pre-cooked the bacon on a tray to get it started, pitted the dates, on the MMX. Some mushrooms with cheese and the remains of yesterday's jerk chicken.

She brought bacon back from the Middle East? 

Looks delish!
    Eoin said:
    Caitriona (eldest) brought some mixed dates back from a recent trip to the Middle East. 

Add some bacon.

Pre-cooked the bacon on a tray to get it started, pitted the dates, on the MMX. Some mushrooms with cheese and the remains of yesterday's jerk chicken.

Oh I LOVE bacon wrapped dates. Please tell me you stuffed them with goat cheese or pistachios or something...
    I’m sure they were excellent. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    SciAggie said:
    Eoin said:

Add some bacon.

Oh I LOVE bacon wrapped dates. Please tell me you stuffed them with goat cheese or pistachios or something...
    I’m sure they were excellent. 
    No stuffing, I was just duplicating something we had at a Spanish place in Cardiff a couple of weeks ago. They could do with some stuffing, will do that next time.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Western Conference Champs!
    And my girl hit a 3 with seconds to win it! (had to brag)

Doesn't get any better than that my friend,congrats!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Setting up my new garage beer fridge. This thing is pretty cool.
  • nolaegghead
    Lit said:

I saw those at Home Despot the other day.  Pretty good price for a medium sized fridge.  Is it frost free?
    I hear ya.  My car insurance tripled when I moved to Albuquerque, even though I had no accidents (nor kids), all due to uninsured drivers.  When I learned that...

We are required to be insured. How do they even know who or how many are uninsured? Also if they know who they are why is it not rectified?
    When I lived there 40% of all drivers were uninsured; the fines for driving w/o insurance were less than insurance was, particularly if you had a DWI (or 28 DWIs, that's not an exaggeration).  There's not a way for me to "delicately word" the reason why without me sinking this thread, so PM me if you want more info.

https://www.compare.com/auto-insurance/coverage/10-worst-states-for-uninsured-motorists
    ABQ is insane with crazy drivers and people driving drunk.  When I'm there I try to stay off I-25 after dark.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Lit said:

I saw those at Home Despot the other day.  Pretty good price for a medium sized fridge.  Is it frost free?
    Don’t know. I had seen them in the store before and it looked cool then it was a deal of the day on homedpot the other day at $239 so I bought it. 
  • Scoping out my aged meats. Sirloin roast, whole. Been drying for about 30 days now. March 1st makes 47 days I think, that's the goal. Outside is hard like jerky. Are those white spots of concern? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Botch said:
    Botch said:

ABQ is insane with crazy drivers and people driving drunk.  When I'm there I try to stay off I-25 after dark.  
    Ayup.  That period ('87 to '92) I was a member of one of the more popular local bands, Dottie B and Sagebrush, and soon I was being hired to play with other bands on my weekends off, was playing 2-4 nights a week. Would drive from east Albu to the smaller towns south (Los Lunas, Bernallio, Bosque, etc) and back after the gig, in a '77 VW Bus (a thin metal shell with a Cox .049 engine in the back).  Saw SO many wrecks!
    A couple of the clubs were on isolated highways, and occasionally, as we were packing our gear, someone would come rushing in, "Roadblock both north and south of here!"  The customers would stay put, and we would accelerate our packing-out: guns would come out, in the parking lot! I heard gunshots at least three times.  I would have a few beers on those gigs, but once the roadblock cops saw my military ID, we were always waved thru.  
    Wow, those were the days.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Cox .049 that was a good one @Botch
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    Scoping out my aged meats. Sirloin roast, whole. Been drying for about 30 days now. March 1st makes 47 days I think, that's the goal. Outside is hard like jerky. Are those white spots of concern? 

White mold is fine
    Making some pelmeni dumplings 

Western Conference Champs!
    And my girl hit a 3 with seconds to win it! (had to brag)

Proud dad moment right there.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    @milesvdustin as @nolaegghead said, white is fine.  If conditions are right and your fridge is on the humid side, the white mold can really take off and spread quickly.  While harmless, some find it very unappealing.  You can stem/stop the spread with a quick wipe off with white vinegar.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    Botch said:
    Botch said:

was once told on a fishing trip out there that a six pack in albuquerque is six cases of beer on a pallet in the back of a pickup. you just drive around til its gone

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @WeberWho That stinks. I hope you at least got credit for trying.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    SciAggie said:
    @WeberWho That stinks. I hope you at least got credit for trying.
    She had no idea that I was making any type of breakfast. She was very appreciative of everything. Not all is lost. We have reservations for a candle lit dinner at White Castle this evening....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Who backs up when you are facing forward out of a parking space? Apparently the person I parked behind. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Who backs up when you are facing forward out of a parking space? Apparently the person I parked behind. 

Oh that sucks. Sorry to see that. Hopefully you come up with some information on the other person.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota