Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated for real.

Options
2»

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited January 2020
    Options
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Been there, done that. Pizza cooks are the Achilles heal for unchecked bands. 

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1214737/psa-check-your-bge-bands#latest
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    paqman said:
    There are some very cool new pizza ovens out there too so Roccbox is one of a few cool options. You can totally have mine for a month though if you want to see what a dedicated pizza oven is all about (btw- its a cool thing to have. 
    How good is the Roccbox, I’ve been having an eye on it for a while.  I have a pizzacraft propane oven but I want to step up my game and the Roccbox looks decent.
    It’s really good. It actually runs way better on propane than wood but it works with both. I would say that with the current slate of new ovens coming in that you may be able to find something similar for a little less $. It’s on the higher end of the price scale but it’s a freaking tank. @Johnincarolina uses his more than I use mine but I think we are both pretty happy with it. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Options
    I hate to hear it.  I lost mine very recently.  After talking to a local large dealer.  I was told this.  Take a photo and submit it.  never know.  Also check with the local dealer, see if they have a grill they use for public cooks etc,.  They may sell you the dome.  My dealer did that for me.  Save me some $
    Columbus, Ohio
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legit terrible.  Sorry this happened.  I can only imagine the sinking feeling in your gut as you watched it slip out.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    jdMyers said:
    I hate to hear it.  I lost mine very recently.  After talking to a local large dealer.  I was told this.  Take a photo and submit it.  never know.  Also check with the local dealer, see if they have a grill they use for public cooks etc,.  They may sell you the dome.  My dealer did that for me.  Save me some $
    Nope. This is straght-up neglect on my part. I knew I had a problem and was hoping I could coax one my cook out of the egg.

My mess, my clean-up. 

I love BGE's warranty. I will use it when approaite.

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Legit terrible.  Sorry this happened.  I can only imagine the sinking feeling in your gut as you watched it slip out.
    After the intial F-Bomb, I laughed. I had it coming. 

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    (Oberon at 20 Hz):  "Go Tigers!"
    dmchicago said:
    Got the new dome within a couple of days but just got around to slapping it on. New hinges as well. 

Pretty easy to install. If the lid falls off on the first cook, I retract that statement. 

Love that spot you’ve got there!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike