Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA - Check Your BGE Bands

Options
Seeing a lot of pizza threads so figured I’d post this.  Don’t be like me and neglect checking your band bolts on a regular basis.  This is one of my least favorite parts of the BGE design.

This happened about a year and a half ago when I fired up my egg for a pizza cook.  I hadn’t done a high heat cook in her since we moved to a new house and like an idiot didn’t tighten the bolts after the move and hadn’t done it in a while before the move.  (Egg was wrapped up and moved whole as it was only a 15 mile move).

Got the egg going nice and hot and put the pie on my pizza stone raised up by the BGE feet, things are going just fine up until this point.  Then I grab the handle to close the lid and as soon as I start pulling it down the lid slides out of the band and landed partly on my patio, still wonder if it would have survived had it fallen completely on the grass.  This was a sad day and it took me awhile to order a new lid through a local dealer after this incident and was on hiatus from egging for several months. 

After this bonehead move I am always cautious while closing the dome and I check my bolts often.  

RIP old lid and daisy wheel. 

Comments