Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Imagitronix Meat Team ........

Any of you folks out there using the Imagitronix meat temp solution? Thumbs up or down?

https://www.imagitronix.com/
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    I read several of the tabs, they claim it is not a thermometer but they don't say what it IS...  :confused:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    It's Hogwash.  That's what it is.   =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Will this actually work? Pruvit. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    who needs one.....YOU DO     works everytime =) only question i have is low temp probes or high temp ones at 13 bucks each
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    I’d swear by it!!  Stays right on the front of my shelf next to my ceramic beer can chicken thingy, ready for use. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Their website needs a major update.... are we sure they are still selling them?
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    edited December 2018
    its cooking a 1/2 inch steak, finally an answer for the 1/2 inch steak

Image result for meatrix picture
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    So, I guess this is a strong buy recommendation?

Post pics @northGAcock
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Looks like the meat thermometer that came with my kids toy kitchen
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I don’t own one. I just saw a paid ad in Tailgater Magazine. Had me scratching my head but then, you know someone prolly owns one so I asked. 

• northGAcock
    bgebrent said:
    I’d swear by it!!  Stays right on the front of my shelf next to my ceramic beer can chicken thingy, ready for use. 
    I was gonna get you (Nichole) one for Xmas....but sense you (Nicole) already have one, oh well.....guess it’s coal (not lump) again this year. 

• For full transparency, I work for Imagitronix. We've been selling the version for home use for just over a year now. The system absolutely works and works very well. It is much more accurate and consistent at determining the doneness of meat. It also let's you cook pork and poultry to lower temperatures, so they are juicier, but the meat still meets or exceeds USDA pasteurization standards. It's very easy to use, even my 6 year old grandson grills perfectly cooked steaks with the Meatrix System.

We just got back from The World Food Championships, in Dallas. We introduced and demonstrated the system to some of the best grill chefs in the world.  As word spread, people were waiting for us to open our booth each morning so they could buy one or more units. Some of the competitors who bought a unit would come back to our booth to tell us how much they liked it and to buy another one. I was amazed. I've never seen anything like the response we had at the championships. We sold every unit we brought with us and several companies are talking to us about possibly rebranding the devices for sell under their brand.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I just went to the website again. Anything that is marketed as a “system” is a scam. Weight loss systems, real estate investment systems. When I hear system, I walk away every time. 
  • Legume
    Did big green Craig win the world food championship again?  That guy is unstoppable.  He probably uses one of these things.

by the way @BBQ_Gator welcome and GREAT FIRST POST
  • northGAcock
    BBQ_Gator said:
    For full transparency, I work for Imagitronix. We've been selling the version for home use for just over a year now. The system absolutely works and works very well. It is much more accurate and consistent at determining the doneness of meat. It also let's you cook pork and poultry to lower temperatures, so they are juicier, but the meat still meets or exceeds USDA pasteurization standards. It's very easy to use, even my 6 year old grandson grills perfectly cooked steaks with the Meatrix System.

We just got back from The World Food Championships, in Dallas. We introduced and demonstrated the system to some of the best grill chefs in the world.  As word spread, people were waiting for us to open our booth each morning so they could buy one or more units. Some of the competitors who bought a unit would come back to our booth to tell us how much they liked it and to buy another one. I was amazed. I've never seen anything like the response we had at the championships. We sold every unit we brought with us and several companies are talking to us about possibly rebranding the devices for sell under their brand.
    Let’s have some more detail. 

• HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 259
    That website is straight up 1999.

Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    I’ve probably fished the dock here LOL

Jacksonville FL
  • Dobie said:

I may have fallen off that dock drunk...
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    FFFFFRRRRRIIIIIIIDDDDDDDAAAAAAYYYYYYY

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    I probably pulled a drunk guy into my boat that fell off that dock 🤣
    Jacksonville FL
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    This space could have been used for chicken skin nachos....yet we have this.....

Do not make me pound this into obscurity with my crazy anti Trump raves.

You have been warned.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    YukonRon said:
    This space could have been used for chicken skin nachos....yet we have this.....

Do not make me pound this into obscurity with my crazy anti Trump raves.

You have been warned.

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited January 2020
    @BBQ_Gator Perhaps your product works well.  Idk.  But if you want people to drop $125 on this thing you should consider A) Upgrading your website. That thing needs some TLC. and B ) explaining in simple langauge why "energy impluse" is a superior measurment for doneness when compared to temp or touch.  Because, imma level with you. I have no idea what that's even supposed to mean.  
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Their website has this link, I did not view them.....
    "The Chick'n Choke'n Challenge Videos"

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • johnnyp said:
    @BBQ_Gator Perhaps your product works well.  Idk.  But if you want people to drop $125 on this thing you should consider A) Upgrading your website. That thing needs some TLC. and B ) explaining in simple langauge why "energy impluse" is a superior measurment for doneness when compared to temp or touch.  Because, imma level with you. I have no idea what that's even supposed to mean.  
    Thanks for the feedback, Johnny.  We should probably put some more resources into upgrading the website.  When you're a new startup it's important to determine the best places to put your resources.

In a nutshell, energy impulse is a measure of energy (i.e. temperature) over time. You can have a high temperature for a short period of time or a lower temperature over a longer period of time and both will have the same energy impulse. Meat changes doneness due to chemical reactions that are created by raising the temperature.  The higher the temperature, the quicker the reactions happen. Just knowing the temperature doesn't tell you much about how much of the chemicals in the meat have converted from one form to another, to change the doneness of the meat. But energy impulse does give you an accurate indication of how the chemical reactions have progressed as the meat cooks.  That's why it works regardless of the heat source, whether you cook fast or slow, etc.

Touch is very subjective and can take years to get even somewhat proficient.  This is especially the case if you cook different meats, grades of meat or thicknesses of meat.  A thicker steak tends to feel squishier, at the same doneness, than a thinner steak. Also, different grades of meat and different cuts of meat feel different. A more tender cut feels softer than a tougher cut.  This can throw off your doneness determination if you're using touch.  Energy impulse doesn't care about the cut, etc.  It is only concerned wit the chemical reactions that are involved with changing the meat color and texture.
  • Dobie said:

It wouldn't surprise me. The fishing is pretty good down here.  Drop in and say hi.
  • I just went to the website again. Anything that is marketed as a “system” is a scam. Weight loss systems, real estate investment systems. When I hear system, I walk away every time. 
    Hi Egger.

It's not a system like that.  We just offer a couple of versions of the technology, a version designed for commercial use (like in restaurants) and a much more cost effective and portable version for use at home or at competitions.  So it's kind of a system of products depending on what your needs are. Plus we needed a way to separate us from the Meatrix videos that pop up on Google which talk about the evils of meat.
  • @BBQ_Gator I am just going to be frank and I do not want to come off as a ass but I’m going to give it to you straight.   

Your marketing is terrible.

Hire someone to help you market your gadget. 

You are obviously a smart inventor, you cannot do it all brother. 

A Brief infomercial type video that shows the advantages your gadget offers over conventional methods of checking doneness maybe.

The video on your website showing you squeezing a chicken breast to death with welding gloves on in a attempt to gather pink chicken juice in a shot glass, I don’t know man, not sure that’s helping you.
     (You could cook two side by side and weigh them for example, maybe cut it and bite into it and say mmm. Something) 

Hopefully this comes off as constructive criticism, what triggered my comment was your earlier comment

“ When you're a new startup it's important to determine the best places to put your resources.”

It’s time to shift focus. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ohh and listen to what your potential customers are telling you. 

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• To top off what @alaskanassasin said above. It doesn't hurt to hire a nice looking young lady to do the videos....