Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Changing Direction

Options
CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247
So due to my wife’s medical situation, I have decided to sell Ol’ Mortimer. I want to be around the house more, not gone every other weekend slinging q.

If you, or someone you know is looking for a large stick burner that will easily feed 800 people at a time, please let me know. 

Here is a link to the post over on the Brethren:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4263374#post4263374
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    Options
    Sorry about your wife's condition for sure...just spit balling here,I am finding there is a decent demand for weekend bbq parties that pay well, pick up or delivery...im doing more and more , but it started from doing bigger cooks

I cooked for 3 playoff parties this Sunday and I'm not even home...preccoked , sliced/cut/sauced and panned. Pick up on Friday they reheat in oven on Sunday....easy money 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Sorry about your wife's condition for sure...just spit balling here,I am finding there is a decent demand for weekend bbq parties that pay well, pick up or delivery...im doing more and more , but it started from doing bigger cooks

I cooked for 3 playoff parties this Sunday and I'm not even home...preccoked , sliced/cut/sauced and panned. Pick up on Friday they reheat in oven on Sunday....easy money 
    If you decide to deliver in my area....put me down for some links.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lkapigian
    Options
    lkapigian said:

If you decide to deliver in my area....put me down for some links.
    PM me your address and I'll send you some of my last Andouille, making freezer space for BB2020  =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Sorry for the family health issues, not in need but post a pic and price for those who don’t have an account at the other site. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    I can’t look at it as I don’t have an account.  Perhaps you can sneak past ol you know who (Buffalo) and post some picks and price here...  I won’t  tell anyone 
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    I totally understand the driver here.  Just do the right thing, as you are.
    For those of us (me included) who are not on the brethren site, Ol' Mortimer is an impressive Q machine, fabricated by Shirley in Alabama.  I know of the quality and if you haven't ventured into the world of stick burners then it doesn't matter what is posted here.  It is very well beyond a hobby rig in terms of cooker and unfortunately price point.  (So if curious then open  an account and check it out.)  Just an opinion...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your wife's condition. You sound like a hell of a husband. Good for you. Family first. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lkapigian
    Options
    lkapigian said:

Not sure why flagged but ok, point was you can fire that up , not leave home and still do what you enjoy , that's all
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @CTMike hang in there brother. I cannot imagine.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CTMike
    Options
    Asking $12,500 - includes all the catering gear.

Here is the original video Paul made just prior to me picking it up. About the only change is adding the commercial refrigerator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWIryyTCLrE&t=264s
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    edited January 2020
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

Not sure why flagged but ok, point was you can fire that up , not leave home and still do what you enjoy , that's all
    I appreciate your input, and not sure who flagged your post. Unfortunately your idea doesn’t work for me as I’d spend too much time running back and forth between the house and the not-so-local VFW (my commissary). Health department around here is very strict.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Mike, you are a great man and a great husband. The circumstances for this decision are at best difficult, but I know you are absolutely doing the right thing.
    Our best to you and your wife as you hopefully work through this.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Wishing you all the best- let your wife know we are all thinking of her.

You are a good man.
    Greensboro, NC
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    This is truly a beautiful rig and I feel very fortunate to have seen it up close and in person.  Even more fortunate to know Mike, who is a very good man.

Mike I hope you sell it quickly my friend.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Mike,

I am really sorry to hear this.  Many prayers for you and your wife.  hang in there.  As several others mentioned, you are a great guy and I wish you both the best.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Mike....all the best with what life hands you. At the end of the day, the cooking vessel is just stuff. Go for greatness with life.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    I agree with @northGAcock, prayers with you brother.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Mike, 
    I wish your wife (and you) well for beating what you have dished up on your plate. If cosmic good vibes make any difference, i'm sure you know that there's a metric sh!t ton of that coming her way from the denizens here. 

Please let me know if there's any way I can help.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CTMike
    Options
    Thanks for all you kind words folks, it is appreciated. I don’t need to sell Ol’ Mortimer, but I hate seeing it just sitting there. Would like to see someone be able to use it this season - but it sells when it sells.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.