Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite item to grill/recipe?

2»

Comments

• Love love this thread as well. The variety in answers just shows the inherent beauty of the egg. My top 3, in no particular order: 

1. Surf and turf - prime filets T-Rex style and grilled lobster tails with garlic herb butter. 
    2. Charbroiled oysters - so easy and so unexpectedly delicious 
    3. Brisket - I love the pomp and circumstance that, for me, starts at Costco and carries through the trimming, the simplicity of salt and pepper, and the overnight “tending” of the fire. There’s nothing like pulling that meteor out of the cooler and slapping away the hands of all your buddies trying to grab the heavily barked ends. That brisket is what the community of BBQ is all about. 
  • td66snrf said:
    tcmagee said:
    Hot Italian sausage.  

There is a company called New York Style Italian Sausage out here in SJ CA.  Their hot Italian sausage on the Weber is so good I could eat it everyday.
    @tcmagee
    SJ CA? San Jose? 

Yes, San Jose CA
  • All of it is great, but there is something about taking a tough and cheap piece of beef and turning it into a delicious dinner, pulled beef done this way:

http://www.thewolfepit.com/2009/10/pepper-stout-beef.html

Always takes longer than the recipe suggests (at least for me), but when give it time to pull freely it's really, really good. 
    LBGE, Minimax

Dallas, TX
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    Brisket is my favorite. Salt and black pepper seasoning cooked indirect at 250 degrees over some oak. When internal temperature reaches 165-170 wrap meat in foil and  cook until internal temperature reaches 195-200. Keep brisket wrapped and rest 30 minutes preferably in a cooler. 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    195 degrees to 200 may test your patience
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I think it’s a tie between a TriTip and a nice thick Porterhouse. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Thanks for all the posts guys. Glad this thread is appreciated. 
    Haven't seen any posts for lamb . If there are, sorry I overlooked 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    DuckDogDr said:
    Lamb is incredibly expensive where I live which is too bad. My Dad raised sheep for 3 or 4 years about 30 years ago. I learned how to make a killer moussaka. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    DuckDogDr said:
    Good call.  I love lamb chops, one of my favs on the grill along with searing some tuna.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited January 2020
    DuckDogDr said:
    Lamb is incredibly expensive where I live which is too bad. My Dad raised sheep for 3 or 4 years about 30 years ago. I learned how to make a killer moussaka. 
    Boneless leg of lamb at Costco in nola was going for $5.99/lb yesterday.   I would not be surprised if the price jumped because of the Australian fires in the near future as they are a major source of sheep.
    DuckDogDr said:
    Boneless leg of lamb at Costco in nola was going for $5.99/lb yesterday.   I would not be surprised if the price jumped because of the Australian fires in the near future as they are a major source of sheep.
    Not sure where Costco in Nola is but an hour and a half to two hours would be a good estimate of the travel distance. There is a Costco in Mobile that is only about a 50 to 55 minute drive. To far to make  a membership worthwhile. Yes I expect lamb prices to go even higher.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    DuckDogDr said:
    Oh you know how to make a lad feel special.  2 in my post, two - count them. Not just one but double that.  
    Was it because I wrote it in my English accent?  
    😁
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • YukonRon said:
    Whole Beef Tenderloin.
    Could have easily guessed this. Dude can cook one in Virginia while visiting Paris.
     Thanks for your help @YukonRon. Turned out well.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    bgedealer said:
    One of my favorite foods is a good bratwurst. There's nothing better, to me, than making your own sausages and getting to taste the very first one. (Sorry no cooked picks :angry: 
    Beauty !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,456
    bgedealer said:
    One of my favorite foods is a good bratwurst. There's nothing better, to me, than making your own sausages and getting to taste the very first one. (Sorry no cooked picks :angry: 
    Beauty indeed, and bonus points for the manual stuffing funnel!
    canuckland
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    bgedealer said:
    Is it just me but how the heck is that tray of sausages balancing on the counter top.. please move it back. =)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • He must not have dogs
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    tcmagee said:
    td66snrf said:
    tcmagee said:
    Hot Italian sausage.  

There is a company called New York Style Italian Sausage out here in SJ CA.  Their hot Italian sausage on the Weber is so good I could eat it everyday.
    @tcmagee
    SJ CA? San Jose? 

Yes, San Jose CA

tcmagee said:
    Hot Italian sausage.  

@tcmagee

I'm in SoCal HB area but my daughter is up near you at UC Santa Cruz 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser