Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite item to grill/recipe?

Options
I have been pouring over these different threads and see different feasts each night.  But was wondering what each member's favorite food item to grill was ? And if you would be willing to share recipes?

Mine is a steakhouse cut ribeye (1.5" thick cut)
Salt and pepper only
Medium rare 
7.5 min per side at 275-300

Comments

• 77bronco
    Options
    Lots of good stuff (wings, ribs, pulled pork) but skirt steak tacos, and green lightning shrimp are probably 2 of my favorites. 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Beef short ribs.  Faster than brisket and some leftovers for chili 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• tcmagee
    Options
    Hot Italian sausage.  

There is a company called New York Style Italian Sausage out here in SJ CA.  Their hot Italian sausage on the Weber is so good I could eat it everyday.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Pork belly burnt ends are pretty high on the list for me.  

I thought about that John, if fact I did these last Monday .   My PCP is on this forum and comes to BB, so I think he may disagree  :s

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    SRF Brisket. I love the smell of brisket on a crisp fall morning. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Pork belly burnt ends are pretty high on the list for me.  

I thought about that John, if fact I did these last Monday .   My PCP is on this forum and comes to BB, so I think he may disagree  :s
    @bucky925 - This made me chuckle :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,339
    Options
    Just one? Pork tenderloins are pretty damn good and fast. I like pineapple head from dizzy pig 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    As with @DoubleEgger - independent of the smell, the challenge every cook is what sets brisket apart.  A journey unto itself- "The cow drives the cook."
    But a brisket cook is not a "grill cook" so in that fashion I will go with paella as I figure any cook where you are working the BGE at 400*F+ qualifies.  
    However, disclaimer- several adult beverages into a great Saturday!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    edited January 2020
    Options
    tcmagee said:
    Hot Italian sausage.  

There is a company called New York Style Italian Sausage out here in SJ CA.  Their hot Italian sausage on the Weber is so good I could eat it everyday.
    Where do you buy them? I live in Mountain View and don't think I've ever seen them at Whole Foods or Safeway.
    Mountain View, CA
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    Until today, my favorite cook was salmon. But I made some chili verde today, for the first time, and I now think that is my favorite thing.
    Las Vegas, NV

• 77bronco
    Options
    Damn. I like this thread. These posts are making’ me hungry
  • 77bronco
    77bronco Posts: 56
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Shrimp and Chorizo Fundido
    So far just for Christmas but it’s always a hit.
    Love queso fundido. That looks like a winner. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    It is Dr. Barbecues recipe.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    1/2” Steaks
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Fav is chicken breast halves with rib bones. They cook in less than an hour at 350, and are super moist.  We use them for different casseroles, but they are delicious with a potato and vegetable for a evening dinner.
  • tcmagee
    Options
    dmourati said:
    tcmagee said:
    Hot Italian sausage.  

Where do you buy them? I live in Mountain View and don't think I've ever seen them at Whole Foods or Safeway.
    Hey dmourati, I buy the New York Style sausage at Safeway.  They make a mild and a hot.  I recommend the hot.  The company is located in Sunnyvale.  Below is the link to their website.  They also own the Frankie, Johnnie and Luigi Italian restaurant chain here in the South Bay.

I grill the sausages over fairly high heat, 400 degrees or so, on my Weber.  I like them juicy so I try not to over cook them.  Give 'em a try!

http://newyorkstylesausage.com

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Jeez, I used to go to Frankie, Johnnie, etc. on El Camino as a kid. Haven’t thought about that place in forever.

edit - chiramonte’s was always the go to Italian sausage in San Jose that I remember, but I think you have to go to their deli to get it, I don’t think it’s sold in any stores.
  • tcmagee
    Options
    I forgot about Chiaramonte's.  I haven't had their sausage in decades.  They are still on 13th St.  I will have to stop by this week and get some.  You can only get it at their store as far as I know.  The old guy there used to make it with lamb casings. It was so good.
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    tcmagee said:
    dmourati said:
    tcmagee said:
    Hot Italian sausage.  

Hey dmourati, I buy the New York Style sausage at Safeway.  They make a mild and a hot.  I recommend the hot.  The company is located in Sunnyvale.  Below is the link to their website.  They also own the Frankie, Johnnie and Luigi Italian restaurant chain here in the South Bay.

I grill the sausages over fairly high heat, 400 degrees or so, on my Weber.  I like them juicy so I try not to over cook them.  Give 'em a try!

http://newyorkstylesausage.com

There's a Frankie, Johnnie, and Luigi restaurant less than a mile from my house. I'll try to track down the sausage. 
    Mountain View, CA
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    tcmagee said:
    Hot Italian sausage.  

@tcmagee
    SJ CA? San Jose? 

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,860
    Options
    Tough question, but broken in to categories;
    1) All-time : lamb cutlets, a bit charred - evoke memories of childhood and first introduction to BBQ, strong hint of methylated spirits in the taste and visions of Dad blowing the coals for hours.
    2) BGE : simple vertical chicken on the EGG, because it absolutely blew my mind the first time.
    3) Low & slow : spiced yoghurt marinated lamb shoulder 
    4) Hot & fast : tomahawk steak.
    5) Non-meat : potatoes in a CI skillet.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    Shrimp and Chorizo Fundido
    So far just for Christmas but it’s always a hit.
    Chorizo is one of my absolute favorites. All I can get is the bulk sausage style and not the dried but it’s fantastic. This one is on my list. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Whole Beef Tenderloin.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bradleya123
    Options
    SRF Brisket. I love the smell of brisket on a crisp fall morning. 
    and Charlie don't surf!!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• bradleya123
    Options
    I'm a simple man, Boston Butt is my fav!!!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Wings. Any style, any way.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TrippleRipple
    Options
    This post is outstanding. Great idea Doc.

My favorite GRILL on an egg is pork chops. Porterhouse chops (i.e. center cut bone-in) thats what ly local butcher calls them.

Brined in NACL/apple cider for 10-20 hours. Coated in a rub, usually @Nature Boy Dizzy Dust or Swamp Venom or Crossroads. Grilled at 450 direct turning every three minutes until 145-150. I start brushing them with a 50/50 mix of ACV and a preserve/jelly ((apricot,apple,cherry,strawberry, anything that looks good(I buy it all from my Amish friends)) when they get above 105.

Although not 'grilled', a 24 hour sous vide Tri-tip, finished caveman is always fun and spectacular.  

Formerly @dharley prior to some password bs.

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, bad liver & a broken heart

Three Rivers, MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,750
    Options
    korean tacos off the blackstone was the clear winner this past year ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it