Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For those traveling to or thru South Carolina.....i give you this tool for BBQ...

northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited December 2019 in Off Topic
Do the link...plug in the zip code for the area you are in...... 

https://destination-bbq.com/sc-bbq-map-locator/

Navigate around....a lot of information.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Excellent! Thanks for posting.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Does it show you where the stolen generators are?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Does it show you where the stolen generators are?
    I have to say that this made me laugh out loud. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • northGAcock
    edited December 2019
    Does it show you where the stolen generators are?
    No, only locations of pig farmers and BBQ. That’s farm to table for you northern Carolina folk.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Thx for sharing, @northGAcock !  I still need to try Sweatman’s. Been on my to-do list forever. 
  • 6baluts
    6baluts Posts: 270
    Used this tool the other day heading southbound on 95 and stopped at Scott’s BBQ in Hemingway and plan on Sweatmans on our northbound run Home after the Holidays.
  • northGAcock
    6baluts said:
    Used this tool the other day heading southbound on 95 and stopped at Scott’s BBQ in Hemingway and plan on Sweatmans on our northbound run Home after the Holidays.
    You can't leave us hanging with just you stopped. How was it? Pictures? Are you still full?

• northGAcock
    Dyal_SC said:
    Thx for sharing, @northGAcock !  I still need to try Sweatman’s. Been on my to-do list forever. 
    No reason we shouldn't collaborate on that trip.....

• Carolina Q
    6baluts said:
    Scotts BBQ Alex HoltFor The Washington PostScott's, Hemingway... what Q joints are supposed to look like!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    6baluts said:
    Scotts BBQ Alex HoltFor The Washington PostScott's, Hemingway... what Q joints are supposed to look like!
    That place is in the middle of BFE too. 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    6baluts said:
    Except for that drinks machine on the porch...it's coke in them parts!
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Dyal_SC
    TN_Egger said:
    6baluts said:
    I dunno.  “Pepsa’cola” is most definitely a staple in SC country. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Dyal_SC said:
    TN_Egger said:
    6baluts said:
    I dunno.  “Pepsa’cola” is most definitely a staple in SC country. 
    Yup. Pepsi is from New Bern NC. All lowcountry 
  • 6baluts
    6baluts Posts: 270
    @Carolina Q if BBQ places are supposed to look like Scott’s if you are ever up in Windsor NC stop by Bunns BBQ and make sure to ask for a corner piece of cornbread (that’s what they use for the pulled pork sandwich). Wife and I make a run down their a couple times a summer from Va Beach.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    TN_Egger said:
    6baluts said:
    It's that single unpainted 4x4 that is shaking my OCD by the brainstem....

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Carolina Q
    Botch said:
    It's that single unpainted 4x4 that is shaking my OCD by the brainstem....
    So I'm not the only one who noticed that... =) No OCD here, but I did notice. 

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• I don’t stop in South Carolina or West Virginia 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Dyal_SC
    I don’t stop in South Carolina or West Virginia 
    Why not?  Don’t get outta Alaska much?

• South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Dyal_SC
    Lol, that ain’t right @alaskanassasin . If you haven’t been to SC, you’re missing out!  ;)  
  • Just messing around, I lived in RDU for 12 years. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    Dyal_SC said:
    Lol, that ain’t right @alaskanassasin . If you haven’t been to SC, you’re missing out!  ;)  
    Missing out on what? 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    edited December 2019

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC said:
    Missing out on what? 
    Just to name a few:

Angel Oak and all the waterways around Wadmalaw Island

Edisto Island

Hunting Island State Park

Lake Jocassee and all the waterfalls and trails in the area

Downtown Charleston and the variety of restaurants

Downtown Beaufort 

• I can tell you if the world was going to get a enema they would stick it in Ohio
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    edited December 2019
    Dyal_SC said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Missing out on what? 
    Just to name a few:

Edisto Island

Downtown Beaufort 

South Carolina has the coast and nothing else. Inland SC is a sh!thole. Having lived outside of Columbia for four years, this is a first hand statement. There’s a reason a good part of it is called the Corridor of Shame. 

The last decade of economic boom passed right over central SC. It looks the same as it did a decade ago while areas like Charlotte are almost unrecognizable. 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Missing out on what? 
    Just to name a few:

Edisto Island

Downtown Beaufort 

South Carolina has the coast and nothing else. Inland SC is a sh!thole. Having lived outside of Columbia for four years, this is a first hand statement. There’s a reason a good part of it is called the Corridor of Shame. 

The last decade of economic boom passed right over central SC. It looks the same as it did a decade ago while areas like Charlotte are almost unrecognizable. 

I agree there are many areas that are poverish and not much going on. But that’s about par for the course in most states.  Good areas and not so good areas. We have some great fishing lakes inland, and downtown Greenville has really gotten nice over the past several years too. The mountainous areas in the NW portion of SC around the Blue Ridge Parkway are beautiful. 
  • DoubleEgger
    The nice things in SC were created through God or Science depending on your beliefs, not by man. 
  • Dyal_SC
    The nice things in SC were created through God or Science depending on your beliefs, not by man. 
    LOL
  • northGAcock
    Dyal_SC said:
    Missing out on what? 
    BBQ, beautiful beaches and weemens, history (some good, some bad), foot hills to the smokies....to name a few.