Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tree is up. Who else is ready for Christmas?

Was a struggle but I finally got her up.  Waiting on the Big Man!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

Comments

• 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    You must have paid a fortune for that.
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I wish. We have so many Christmas decorations I had to put two 8’*4’ storage racks over the garage door. It took like 6 hours to put the outdoor lights up. We have to do the tree tonight. 
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Outside lights went up the day after Thanksgiving and will come down mid January. Our tree (artificial) was up mid November. It might come down by Cinco de Mayo. We like Christmas! We pull all the boxes of Christmas decorations down from above the garage and stack them there. Ynette moves them in slowly as she decorates (I am not allowed around then). Her incentive to hurry is that she can't park her Mustang in the garage until all the boxes are empty and back in storage.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Decorating is my domain this year, hence the underachievement. The Gaber is not well this season or she would have had the pad full by now.  12 3x4 storage boxes of decor in the basement.  Here is the tree she puts together every year.  “It’s a beaut Clarke.”

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I was dragged kicking and screaming into the artificial tree group about ten years ago. Best thing that has happened to me ever! I simply have to haul the box out and haul it back to storage. We done here. 
  • We have managed to postpone getting a tree for a couple more weekends, much to the dismay of my daughters.  My work travel just makes it tough to put one up any sooner.

We have three kittens in the house (all a year old now) and it’s going to be interesting to see how they’ll interact with the tree.   We usually get an eleven-footer but that might not be the best idea this year.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • I will never get a fake tree. I enjoy dragging the family to the tree farm and picking /cutting down my tree. Here in WI trees are cheap. The farm I go to lets you cut ANY tree they have and everything is the same price, 1ft or 15 feet. My tree was 43 bucks. I could fit a 12 footer, but I have to drag it to the car and load/unload myself. I ended up with a 9.5 footer but after I cut it and pruned the base it was about 8. It goes into the fire pit second week of January and burns in seconds in spring.
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I will never get a fake tree. I enjoy dragging the family to the tree farm and picking /cutting down my tree. Here in WI trees are cheap. The farm I go to lets you cut ANY tree they have and everything is the same price, 1ft or 15 feet. My tree was 43 bucks. I could fit a 12 footer, but I have to drag it to the car and load/unload myself. I ended up with a 9.5 footer but after I cut it and pruned the base it was about 8. It goes into the fire pit second week of January and burns in seconds in spring.
    Never say never. I said the same thing until I got a tree that had tens of thousands of mites in it. It was a total debacle. Several hundred of them would die every day and stain up all of the Christmas gifts. The chances of the wifey letting another real tree in the house is slim and none and slim just left town.. 

Ordered a couple of nice trees from Balsam Hill and like @pgprescott  never looked back. 
  • Never happened in my 41 years of life, but point taken ;)

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    We got both of our 9 footers put up in Sunday. Decoration boxes are all over the place. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    We had the tree, all the decorations and the lights up outside the house the weekend before Thanksgiving. Even had presents under the tree. We were at the ranch all week for Thanksgiving, so it was nice to come back Saturday and have it all done and not need to do any work....except the damn new lights I bought for the house the year went out so now I've got to get new ones and hang them up. Checked the cords, changed the fuses and everything. Crappy new LED lights...

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Wife spent 8 days decorating our house.  3 big trees (Living room, Den, Master BR), and many small ones throughout house.Only took me 3 days to do the outside!
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    This is the earliest Ms. B has started.   One room down.  The rest of the house is a maze of boxes still.  

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    We have managed to postpone getting a tree for a couple more weekends, much to the dismay of my daughters.  My work travel just makes it tough to put one up any sooner.

We have three kittens in the house (all a year old now) and it’s going to be interesting to see how they’ll interact with the tree.   We usually get an eleven-footer but that might not be the best idea this year.
    strip some insulation off the lights, that usually works.  =)

I'm kidding, John.

I’m kidding, John.
    I‘m glad you said that, because with you it can be hard to tell sometimes.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    nolaegghead said:

I’m kidding, John.
    I‘m glad you said that, because with you it can be hard to tell sometimes.
    I was kidding about the kidding part.
    All but the stockings left
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited December 2019
    We’re all set here

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    We’re going to my in laws, their decorations have been up since Columbus Day.  We won’t do much here; swap out some art for Xmas themed needlepoint and start using the teapot from the Christmas China set.  Maybe my wife will do the window box.  It is awesome.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• My MIL is coming to spend Christmas with us this year and stay for a month.  I’m doing everything I can to postpone the imminent (including keeping the tree in the attic as long as possible). Soon I will only have alcohol to comfort me.
    Flint, Michigan

• My MIL is coming to spend Christmas with us this year and stay for a month.  I’m doing everything I can to postpone the imminent (including keeping the tree in the attic as long as possible). Soon I will only have alcohol to comfort me.
    Sometimes I think mother in laws are what keeps liquor stores in business.
  • @Fred19Flintstone I feel your pain man.  Having my MIL only 5 minutes away I’m obliged by the Italian code to have lunch at her’s every Sunday.  Only redeeming factor is I can drink the home made wine I made for her a couple of years ago.  Well, that’s until she takes the bottle away & cuts me off.  Qué Catso!

• PigBeanUs said:
    We’re all set here

My tree would be up all year, just sayin’
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited December 2019
    I's that your daughter? 😳
  • I's hit your daughter? 😳
    FTFY
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Nice trees, y’all!  Merry Christmas. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    @DoubleEgger , you are a blessed man. That is a Hallmark pic if I’ve ever seen one. 
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited December 2019
    Speaking of MIL...mine is in Arkansas...8 hour drive.  Only have to see her once a year!  And my liver gets a workout when she comes to stay!
    My home office even gets decorated!