Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First the Packers lost...now the Pats...

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
what a first Sunday in November!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I was watching to see if Brady was going to lie down and throw a temper tantrum.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sounds like a good start for the month.
    The Lions losing is not unusual.  On the sunny side, my fantasy team is doing nicely.  I crushed my daughter this week and should probably feel bad about that, but I don’t,  There’s no crying in fantasy football.
    Flint, Michigan
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    brady just needed to start a new 6 or greater game winning streak =) for the record books
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I was watching to see if Brady was going to lie down and throw a temper tantrum.
    That isn't what happened though, is it?  Instead he seemed to tell Baltimore's QB that he played great, and he congratulated him.  

Don't hate him because you ain't him.   B)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    That isn't what happened though, is it?  Instead he seemed to tell Baltimore's QB that he played great, and he congratulated him.  

Don't hate him because you ain't him.   B)
    I watched Brady sort through the Raven's players seeking him out also and it was more than any fist bump - there was a brief conversation and a smile on Brady's face.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    A loss for the Patriots may be a good thing. Some of the talking heads on sports radio were talking about how the Patriots may be on their way to an undefeated season. As great as that would be, they probably would not rest any of their starters the last few games like most teams do if you are a lock for the playoffs. Going undefeated is nice, but you play football to win super bowls. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    A loss for the Patriots may be a good thing. Some of the talking heads on sports radio were talking about how the Patriots may be on their way to an undefeated season. As great as that would be, they probably would not rest any of their starters the last few games like most teams do if you are a lock for the playoffs. Going undefeated is nice, but you play football to win super bowls. 
    Except Bill Belichick would probably still rest his starters, because he cares much more about another SB ring than an undefeated season.  

The gift of the loss last night is that it revealed the Pats have quite a bit to work on to be truly competitive against the top teams in the league.  At the moment, they are also still in the driver’s seat in terms of still having home-field throughout the playoffs.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Yes, resting the starters would be the smart thing to do in that situation, and Belichick does not do dumb things.
    I would like to see a team go undefeated if only to shut up a few of the members of the Dolphins team that went undefeated. A few of them act like they were the best team in the history of the game. The fact is, only two of the teams they played that year had a winning season. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Lot of football left.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    TB is a class act and the Pat's are for real. Agree with the above with one caveat,  those boys from La. ain't no joke. Going to get fun real soon.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • oldgeezeystax
    Options
    I liked me some Flacco but man Lamar is infinitely more fun to watch and it seems like the team is pumped to rally behind him. I agree that everyone seemed to be really respectful and polite before/during/after the game, many Ravens (including Lamar) called Brady the GOAT. That said, Brady looked old asf a few times getting tackled. 
    Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    For football he is old asf.