Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A simple stir fry

@Mattman3969 made me hungry for some stir fry. So I made Kung Pao Chicken according to Grace Young and her book Breath of Wok. 

Here’s all the goodness ready to go in the wok.

Making the chicken happy. 

Then the bell peppers get a turn. 

Pulling it all together. 

Done and plated. 

An easy and tasty cook. I don’t know why I don’t do this more often. Thanks for looking. 
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    edited November 2019
    Man I’m in!

LBGE
    AL
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Looks delicious, but Kung Pao without the skinny red Hot chilies?  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited November 2019
    Botch said:
    Looks delicious, but Kung Pao without the skinny red Hot chilies?  
    My beloved wife can’t handle the spice... so sadly no red chilies...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Per usual, looks great! 
    Stillwater, MN
  • nice looking cook!
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    "George likes his chicken spicy!"
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Always a great meal there!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Looks outstanding! I’m sure it was great!

Brandon - Ohio

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    You rocked the wok!   Very strong cook my friend 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    nicely done, sir. 

If you find yourself enjoying these cooks, look up Fuchsia Dunlop’s Land of Plenty, or Every Grain of Rice. Great recipes, and easily adaptable to personal taste. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Even a simple cook always looks amazing by @SciAggie , I enjoy your posts, thanks for sharing!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • SciAggie
    Thanks y’all. @caliking thanks for the tip about the book - it must be new, they aren’t releasing the kindle version for two more weeks. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • smbishop
    I have her "Stir Frying to the Sky's Edge" on Kindle.  I wonder how the two books compare...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • SciAggie
    smbishop said:
    I have her "Stir Frying to the Sky's Edge" on Kindle.  I wonder how the two books compare...
    Do you like the cookbook?
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • smbishop
    SciAggie said:
    smbishop said:
    Do you like the cookbook?
    Yes! I would definitely recommend it.  
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Great cook and great photos as always 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    Always a winner across the cooking tools spectrum.  Great cook right there.  Congrats. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Your idea of quick and easy translates into my world of lavish and delicious.

Beautiful cook and thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544

"George likes his chicken spicy"

Nice wok work!
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Looks awesome as per usual @SciAggie.  Curious, on what apparatus is the wok resting?  CGS spider?
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • SciAggie
    smokingal said:
    Looks awesome as per usual @SciAggie.  Curious, on what apparatus is the wok resting?  CGS spider?
    Yes, it’s the CGS spider and a cast iron wok I picked up from The Wok Shop while visiting SF.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    SciAggie said:
    smokingal said:
    Yes, it’s the CGS spider and a cast iron wok I picked up from The Wok Shop while visiting SF.
    How do you like the CI wok? Ive been thinking of getting one.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SciAggie
    caliking said:
    SciAggie said:
    smokingal said:
    I like it better than the carbon steel wok that I’ve had for over 35 years. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    SciAggie said:
    caliking said:
    SciAggie said:
    smokingal said:
    Please elaborate 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie said:
    caliking said:
    SciAggie said:
    smokingal said:
    Please elaborate 
    It’s hard to quantify why I like it better. It is a rougher surface and I think I like the way food adheres due to the extra friction. You can push food up the sides to reduce the heat for a bit. It seasoned easily and food doesn’t stick to it. It is a slightly more shallow wok. I still like the CS woks better for deep frying foods.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Great looking cook. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------