Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.


In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Norah Grace got to meet one of her BBQ hero’s today!!!

ryanttryantt Posts: 2,147
So she was so kind and accommodating!!!! Spent 15min just chatting with Norah.  
XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2
Massillon Ohio 
Check out Chef Norah Grace on Instagram @the_buckeye_bbq
«1

Comments

  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 20,224
    Can't put a price tag on that.  Way to make it happen.  She is on a fast track to becoming a star in her own right. 
    Louisville;  "indeterminate Jim" here; L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • smokingalsmokingal Posts: 813
    Awesome!
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

    http://barbecueaddict.com
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,373
    That's awesome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

  • JMCXLJMCXL Posts: 1,397
    A day to remember for a life time
    Northern New Jersey
    XL - Woo2, AR      L (3) - Woo, PS Woo     MM - Woo     Medium - Woo       MINI

    Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

    Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

    Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

  • ryanttryantt Posts: 2,147
    So we just watcher her comp rib demo (mind blown) and it was so informative.  Guess who got the first ribs 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2
    Massillon Ohio 
    Check out Chef Norah Grace on Instagram @the_buckeye_bbq
  • ryantt said:
    So we just watcher her comp rib demo (mind blown) and it was so informative.  Guess who got the first ribs 
    Chef Norah Grace?  Could it be?
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike


  • ryanttryantt Posts: 2,147
    @JohnInCarolina she sure did. We also cot some cool swag and answered a few bbq questions for prizes. 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2
    Massillon Ohio 
    Check out Chef Norah Grace on Instagram @the_buckeye_bbq
  • What a great experience for Norah Grace... You rock girl!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 7,048
    Who dat? 

    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

                                                                                  -Umberto Eco

    2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 12,364
    edited September 21
    Danielle made her bones in the highly competitive, seriously male dominated comp circuit. She’s probably lots of things, but phony isn’t one of them. 
  • ryanttryantt Posts: 2,147
    @pgprescott one of the kindest celebrity folks I’ve met.   
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2
    Massillon Ohio 
    Check out Chef Norah Grace on Instagram @the_buckeye_bbq
  • Congrats for NG
    Diva Q happen to mention any upcoming TV programs, like new episodes of
    BBQ Crawl?
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • ryantt said:
    @marysvilleksegghead Norah Grace told her she’s willing to go on food network with her and Big Moe.  Funny thing, we just got invited to cook at an event in PA for BBQ Guru...next to Big Moe and Bob.   I’m kind of excited, but kind of nervous to cook next to that level of talent.  
    Please let us know if this will be on TV
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 20,224
    Congrats on the down-stream opportunities.  Key is to not let that level of participation interfere with her standard routine.  She obviously has talent and skill sets that will become showcased.  Your challenge is to keep the build-up at the comfort level she is in right now.  Easier said than done but the more you can down-play the hype the much better she will feel and execute.  FWIW-
    Louisville;  "indeterminate Jim" here; L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • ryanttryantt Posts: 2,147
    It’s just fun when we are asked to participate and do things.  It’s also nerve racking beyond belief for me. She handles it like a champ, I’m on edge the entire time 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2
    Massillon Ohio 
    Check out Chef Norah Grace on Instagram @the_buckeye_bbq
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 6,498
    Danielle made her bones in the highly competitive, seriously male dominated comp circuit. She’s probably lots of things, but phony isn’t one of them. 
    I don't think I would have recognized her if she wasn't wearing that Diva Q hat. She's lost quite a lot of weight from what I remember from seeing her on some of those bbq competition tv shows from a few years ago. . Kudos to her!

    Camped out in the (757/804)
  • TTCTTC Posts: 824
    that's awesome
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

    2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

    Ikon pass 

    Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • EagleIIIEagleIII Posts: 348
    THAT is awesome.  What an experience for her(and you).  Way to make that happen!
  • ryanttryantt Posts: 2,147
    @EagleIII her company rib demo was amazing.  Hard to believe she scored a 179.6 at The Jack and got 11th with them.  She showed us 45 racks and every single one was the same.   The best advise we heard was trust the process. Then she gave Norah and I some help with the process.  Honestly she couldn’t have been more helpful.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2
    Massillon Ohio 
    Check out Chef Norah Grace on Instagram @the_buckeye_bbq
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 2,185
    Cool beyond belief.

    Good on ya for supporting CNG's goals and dreams!  She's a keeper.
  • SGHSGH Posts: 26,478
    Brother that is just awesome all the way around👍

    Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

    Status- Standing by.

    Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.

    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

    Just a man with a Muhle. 
  • @ryantt ; That's really cool!  Hartville puts on a good show.
  • Jcl5150Jcl5150 Posts: 133
    ryantt said:
    @EagleIII her company rib demo was amazing.  Hard to believe she scored a 179.6 at The Jack and got 11th with them.  She showed us 45 racks and every single one was the same.   The best advise we heard was trust the process. Then she gave Norah and I some help with the process.  Honestly she couldn’t have been more helpful.  
    That’s awesome, dude!  Are you allowed to share any of her tips?
  • Very cool!

    NW IA

    2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

  • ryanttryantt Posts: 2,147
    @Jcl5150  I sure can, when I get home tonight I will share her  competition sauce recipe. I don’t remember all of it off the top of my head, but she’s the first person I’ve ever heard say to temp ribs and wrap at 160°. She also suggested taking your ribs to  190° before you sauce. You will need to take your ribs up about 7 to 10° for the sauce to set. 

      during the wrap portion  of the cook, she uses squeeze butter no secret there, apple juice, Cholula chipotle hot sauce, and a little brown sugar.  The surprising thing about the hot sauce is that it reinforce the smoky flavor. Honestly one of the best ribs I’ve ever eaten, they were perfect, they pulled away from the bone cleanly where you bite; However, they were not overly soft. Hard to believe they were not a 180 rib.  

      As for measurements, it was about a cup of apple juice 4 tablespoons of the hot sauce and a quarter bottle of the squeeze butter 1c of brown sugar. This would provide enough for 3 racks of ribs. All of these measurements were via her eyeball, keep in mind these are a comp rib, so they aren’t going to be for everyone.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2
    Massillon Ohio 
    Check out Chef Norah Grace on Instagram @the_buckeye_bbq
  • Jcl5150Jcl5150 Posts: 133
    ryantt said:
    @Jcl5150  I sure can, when I get home tonight I will share her  competition sauce recipe. I don’t remember all of it off the top of my head, but she’s the first person I’ve ever heard say to temp ribs and wrap at 160°. She also suggested taking your ribs to  190° before you sauce. You will need to take your ribs up about 7 to 10° for the sauce to set. 

      during the wrap portion  of the cook, she uses squeeze butter no secret there, apple juice, Cholula chipotle hot sauce, and a little brown sugar.  The surprising thing about the hot sauce is that it reinforce the smoky flavor. Honestly one of the best ribs I’ve ever eaten, they were perfect, they pulled away from the bone cleanly where you bite; However, they were not overly soft. Hard to believe they were not a 180 rib.  

      As for measurements, it was about a cup of apple juice 4 tablespoons of the hot sauce and a quarter bottle of the squeeze butter 1c of brown sugar. This would provide enough for 3 racks of ribs. All of these measurements were via her eyeball, keep in mind these are a comp rib, so they aren’t going to be for everyone.  
    That sounds awesome!  Thanks so much!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.