Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Chimichanga

Rubbed a 4lb yardbird with DP Molé and put on the mini with some JD Wood Chips.  Runnin direct on the Woo 

Shredded the chicken and mixed in some cumin, orange juice, pepper jack cheese and lime juice then rolled up and brushed with butter.  On the large indirect st 425 

And plated 

Not bad for Saturday night Vittles 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Da-n Son.  Another in the long line of great cooks.  Congrats.  I won't mention the diamond plate. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    I always enjoy clicking on your posts. Thats an excellent idea and I will be trying that. Thank you for sharing

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    LOVE chimichangas!!! Last couple of times, I've brushed a little oil on 'em and pan fried them. Not as good as deep fried, but probably a little healthier. And far less oil to deal with! =)

Gotta have refried beans too. Mine are canned pintos with Badia pinto bean seasoning (basically garlic & onion powder, cumin, paprika, s&p), mashed with a potato masher.

Now I'm hungry!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    You are a master of the art of simple and delicious. An excellent cook for sure. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    Killer!

I've read that no one knows the origin of the "chimichanga"; it's not Mexican.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    lousubcap said:
    Da-n Son.  Another in the long line of great cooks.  Congrats.  I won't mention the diamond plate. 
    Thanks @lousubcap - I guess you missed the 135° rotation of the plate.  

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    EGGjlmh said:
    I always enjoy clicking on your posts. Thats an excellent idea and I will be trying that. Thank you for sharing

Thank you very muck @Eggjlmh  I truly appreciate your comment.  

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    LOVE chimichangas!!! Last couple of times, I've brushed a little oil on 'em and pan fried them. Not as good as deep fried, but probably a little healthier. And far less oil to deal with! =)

Gotta have refried beans too. Mine are canned pintos with Badia pinto bean seasoning (basically garlic & onion powder, cumin, paprika, s&p), mashed with a potato masher.

Now I'm hungry!!
    Sounds like an awesome meal for the Egg!! Lol

analyze adapt overcome

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    boom.  that's how it's done! it's on my list to make. @lousubcap and i will figure out how to do the diamond plate one of these days.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Mattman3969
    SciAggie said:
    You are a master of the art of simple and delicious. An excellent cook for sure. 
    Appreciate it @Sciaggie.    

analyze adapt overcome

• Looks great, I need to make some chimis again!
  • Mattman3969
    Botch said:
    Killer!

I've read that no one knows the origin of the "chimichanga"; it's not Mexican.  
    Thank you.   

Yo no sey 

analyze adapt overcome

• Man that is killer... great cook as always
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    It’s stuff like this that puts you on my list of “eggheads who I wish I lived next to”. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,716
    Wonderful meal!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• I would crush that. Thanks for the idea!
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Mattman3969
    Man that is killer... great cook as always
    Thank you Sir!

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    caliking said:
    It’s stuff like this that puts you on my list of “eggheads who I wish I lived next to”. 
    Come on to Ky brother, just one condition- stay on the drive and sidewalks and off my damn grass.  Lol 

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    I would crush that. Thanks for the idea!
    Crush away Mr Postal.  This was crazy simple.  

analyze adapt overcome

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Another inspiring cook!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • dang nice cook
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    You are very good.  
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Very nicely done, from the vision all the way to what must have been some dang good eating! Thanks for sprinkling our stuff on your hard-earned meat. Happy cookin'. Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    And their you go again, thanks for sharing!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Not sure how I missed this cook but that looks mighty tasty.  Very nice work.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    That is one of my most favorite meals, and you make it look so easy and delicious. It definitely resides within the top 10 of your posts.

I would love to make those, but we have a great cantina just a couple of blocks away,  which also serves great margaritas.

My Beautiful Wife and I love taking the stroll, and coming back, without doing the dishes.

Did I ever mention I am lazy? Or that is one of my better qualities?

Great cook as always, thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    caliking said:
    Come on to Ky brother, just one condition- stay on the drive and sidewalks and off my damn grass.  Lol 
    You still have grass? My lawn is gone thanks to the drought and the the upper 90s and 100s temps did us in.

Great food and a great lawn. Very envious.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky