Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Funday - North Alabama Wagyu Brisket

I found a farm that raises wagyu beef 20 miles from my house. My 1st order consisted of short ribs and brisket. I smoked the short ribs on the Traeger last week and they were phenomenal. The brisket went on the large BGE this morning at 5:25am with white oak for smoke. The egg settled in around 225-230 and had crept up slowly to right around 300 by 2:50pm when it probed tender. This thing was around 13lbs pre trim and was on the egg right close to 9.5 hours total. The first pic is pre trim. The second pic is after it was rubbed with Dizzy Pick Cow Lick and going on the egg. The third pic is about 1/2 way through. The last pic is when coming off the egg. It is now in FTC getting settled down for a 5pm dinner. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments