Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sunday Funday - North Alabama Wagyu Brisket

I found a farm that raises wagyu beef 20 miles from my house. My 1st order consisted of short ribs and brisket. I smoked the short ribs on the Traeger last week and they were phenomenal. The brisket went on the large BGE this morning at 5:25am with white oak for smoke. The egg settled in around 225-230 and had crept up slowly to right around 300 by 2:50pm when it probed tender. This thing was around 13lbs pre trim and was on the egg right close to 9.5 hours total. The first pic is pre trim. The second pic is after it was rubbed with Dizzy Pick Cow Lick and going on the egg. The third pic is about 1/2 way through. The last pic is when coming off the egg. It is now in FTC getting settled down for a 5pm dinner. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• All I can say is WOW!
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 4,219
    Thanks @cul-de-sac-er this is the 1st brisket I’ve done in a long time. I can’t wait to slice into it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 12,147
    That looks phenomenal. Enjoy. 
  • dmchicagodmchicago Posts: 1,662
    I'm gonna go with WOW! as well.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • shtgunal3 said:
    Thanks @cul-de-sac-er this is the 1st brisket I’ve done in a long time. I can’t wait to slice into it.
    it'd be great to see some sliced pics
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
    @pgprescott and @dmchicago thanks guys. I’m working on some deviled eggs and gonna smoke some mac-n-cheese also. Dinner will be a little later than planned. I got lazy watching the Braves game and didn’t start the sides when I had intended.

• gonepostalgonepostal Posts: 462
    Have bought product from these guys but haven't had the brisket. Curious to hear your thoughts. Looks great btw...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 10,258
    Man you got pretty scientific with those foil shields on the end. Are those parabolic heat deflectors? 

That looks amazing. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• CigarCityEggerCigarCityEgger Posts: 1,412
    Great looking Brisket!
    Thanks guys. To say the brisket turned amazing would be a huge understatement. I wouldn’t change a thing. I definitely ate way to much.

This picture doesn’t do this thing justice. It was very juicy and tender.

• johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 5,073
    Looks fantastic and reading all your remarks sounds like an awesome day had.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Kent8621Kent8621 Posts: 777
    wow just wow.  i talked to him this weekend he called because i hadnt been around in a while.  i am going to miss him being so close he said he would work out some shipping for me after we finally get settled.  Great cook

2 Large Eggs - Madison, AL

Boiler Up!!

• Jcl5150Jcl5150 Posts: 117
    That sliced pic looks awesome!  Could you tell a big difference with it being Wagyu?
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 19,847
    Wayt to bring it home.  Great cook.  Congrats.
    Louisville;  "indeterminate Jim" here; L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 12,147
    shtgunal3 said:
    @pgprescott and @dmchicago thanks guys. I’m working on some deviled eggs and gonna smoke some mac-n-cheese also. Dinner will be a little later than planned. I got lazy watching the Braves game and didn’t start the sides when I had intended.
    Deviled eggs and Mac and cheese too! Yes please. 
    Thanks everybody. Looking forward to brisket sandwiches this evening. 

@Jcl5150 the biggest thing the wagyu brings is the fat content. It was definitely there. Great marbling helped keep it moist.

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 14,150
    Incredible cook. I would take a couple plates full of that in a second.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • mtaskermtasker Posts: 77
    whats the name of the farm?  i also live in north alabama
  • Kent8621Kent8621 Posts: 777
    mtasker said:
    whats the name of the farm?  i also live in north alabama
    i know if you google north Alabama wagyu you can find him, he is at farmers markets around Madison area every other weekend i believe

2 Large Eggs - Madison, AL

Boiler Up!!

@YukonRon thank you sir. Leftovers tonight are sure to be a hit. @mtasker the name is Whitesell Farms locates in Cullman County AL.

• mtaskermtasker Posts: 77
    shtgunal3 said:
    @YukonRon thank you sir. Leftovers tonight are sure to be a hit. @mtasker the name is Whitesell Farms locates in Cullman County AL.
    awesome, thank you