Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,698
    Options
    Needed a new floor jack for my Hot Tub rebuild project. $250+ but will lift 24+ inches and is less than 3 inches high.

Got that from summit racing yesterday.
     Looking forward to jacking the mower deck without having to wrestle it onto my old taller jack. Also clearance on swmbo cars jack point had been pretty tight.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    I decided to try the Ancestry DNA test and compare it to the 23 and Me test results that I already have.
    Curious to see the difference.  Thinking about buy 23 and me on prime day today.  

LOL, so are we. We had a large disco on this subject over the weekend with a dozen or so people that have done it. I do not know where /who my birth father is. What I gathered from this disco is that Ancestry is more lineage and heritage and 23 is more geared toward medical/biological info. I am going to do both.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Needed a new floor jack for my Hot Tub rebuild project. $250+ but will lift 24+ inches and is less than 3 inches high.

Got that from summit racing yesterday.
     Looking forward to jacking the mower deck without having to wrestle it onto my old taller jack. Also clearance on swmbo cars jack point had been pretty tight.
    Great minds think alike sir.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @alaskanassasin, so whats this ? Lug nut / beer holder?
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Ha! I have no idea didn’t get one. I did follow the break in instructions though!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    Options
    Ha! I have no idea didn’t get one. I did follow the break in instructions though!
    LOL, it was in the box. Yupp did that too. I hope the mower thing works. Been using the JD loader.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Thanks man. I’m calling summit and telling them I didn’t get the handle satchel ;-)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    Options
    Thanks man. I’m calling summit and telling them I didn’t get the handle satchel ;-)
    That might be what I paid the extra 50.00 for.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,327
    Options
    I decided to try the Ancestry DNA test and compare it to the 23 and Me test results that I already have.
    Curious to see the difference.  Thinking about buy 23 and me on prime day today.  

Spring for the extra to get the health results also. It’s worth it. Share the results with your doctor and eye doctor also. My eye doctor immediately put me on lutein and zinc supplements when she heard.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,327
    Options

LOL, so are we. We had a large disco on this subject over the weekend with a dozen or so people that have done it. I do not know where /who my birth father is. What I gathered from this disco is that Ancestry is more lineage and heritage and 23 is more geared toward medical/biological info. I am going to do both.
    You have to pay extra to get the biological info but it is worth it. It is also a one time fee and they update your results every time the Feds approve new tests .
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    had to fix a dielectric leak, but to replace the old one....
    Tools and alcohol - a winning combination. 
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MQC3S9B
    Amazon Prime Day(s) 30% off made it something I couldn't pass on. Had been thinking about getting it for a while, so finally pulled the trigger today. :)
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited July 2019
    Options
    That's for your junk on date night.
    Options
    had to fix a dielectric leak, but to replace the old one....
    Tools and alcohol - a winning combination. 
    I have repaired many things in my garage with a beer nearby. A little lubricant for the brain

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Wondering if I should get the 11lb canister size sausage stuffer instead of the 7lb. I usually shoot 2 deer each year. But most goes in chili and meatloaf. 

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @milesvdustin  I do not know the price difference between the two you are looking at, but I think you know the answer already.  Pull the trigger.  You will never have trouble filling the 11lb with 7 lbs, but good luck going the other way.  It is nice to keep going without needing to reload.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    You could be on to something, it did come with a floor jack after all.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,520
    Options
    :lol:  ^^^ Well-played!  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You could be on to something, it did come with a floor jack after all.
    Not all of us are as lucky as you, Ted.

Image result for elephantiasis scrotum

Options
    New hair clippers. I have 3 1/2 years on the old pair. Three hair cuts every other week, myself and my two sons. (3 x 26=78),  (78 x 3.5 years=273 haircuts). Hair cuts here are about $12. $12 x 273= $3,276. These are the best $40 I ever spendWahl Clipper Elite Pro High-Performance Home Haircut  Grooming Kit for Men - Electric Hair Clipper  Trimmer - Model 79602
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    dharley said:
    New hair clippers. I have 3 1/2 years on the old pair. Three hair cuts every other week, myself and my two sons. (3 x 26=78),  (78 x 3.5 years=273 haircuts). Hair cuts here are about $12. $12 x 273= $3,276. These are the best $40 I ever spendWahl Clipper Elite Pro High-Performance Home Haircut  Grooming Kit for Men - Electric Hair Clipper  Trimmer - Model 79602
    Great people too! 
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    Just ordered one of the Edge Technology mini pro tram systems for my new mill. 
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCY6CLH

I'll have the mill on Friday (picking up from the UPS Freight terminal on my way back home from Maine). Should have it mounted to the stand Friday and either leveled then, or over the weekend. Tram system will arrive next week. Which means I'll use it that weekend to make sure things are kosher. 

DRO's also arrived today. Need to see how they will mount for the spindle movement. Once I see that, I'll decide if I'm going to use that for the Z or use that scale for the head movement and get something else for the spindle/quill movement.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,520
    Options
    dharley said:
    I would have no problem cutting my own hair, if I could somehow take my head off and set it in front of me, so I could see what I was doing.
    But then my eyes would still be in my head, so that wouldn't work.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,046
    Options
    dharley said:
    Nice! I know exactly what you mean. 

My wife has been cutting my hair the last 2-3 years. I've already gone through two clippers. I finally ponied up and bought a professional clipper a few months back. I went with a Oster Classic 76. The first time running the clipper through my hair my wife said, "Whoa! These are nice. I can't believe how much easier these are to use." The next 5-6 haircuts will pay for hair clipper itself. With a little maintenance the clipper will probably outlast my hair.

Nice to save a little change and no fake phony conversation to be had with the person cutting your hair. Win/win in my book. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Ive been trying to get swmbo to cut my hair for years! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,510
    Options
    Just ordered a pack of SRF beef short ribs.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Costco run, 25# butt, 20# wings ,burgers, bacon and dogs. 6 cases of beer. Case of white wine. Buns, stuff for home made cole slaw ,tater salad and deviled eggs. (SWMBO dept.) Both Eggs and the Blackstone will be going hard on Sat. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I have a set of the oster 76 clippers with 5 blades. Wife used to cut mine, need to get her back on it 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,365
    Options
    I've been cutting my own hair (simple buzz cut and about a third of my head is already unburdened by hair) and beard for more than 30 years and have had the same clipper set the whole time. Only thing I've had to do a few times is unscrew the cutter, give the clipper a good clean, re-assemble/adjust the blade, and re-oil.

Not positive what brand it is offhand but I'm thinking Oster- just a set I picked up at Costco for $20 or so way back when. Prob'ly about time to take it back and get a new one.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,900
    Options

Had to replace the battery in a 7 year old laptop. Used my best tool - paid to have it installed; too many small parts and old eyes. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.