Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boston Butt: Hybrid Cook - Let me know your thoughts

Options
EggerPalmerATL
EggerPalmerATL Posts: 46
edited July 2019 in EggHead Forum
I videoed my last Boston Butt cook from start to finish. I started it out Low and Slow and then moved to Turbo temps at the stall point. It turned out amazing and took less than an hour a pound. Let me know what you think. 

Video Here: https://youtu.be/3C6K8EIInms

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Did you wrap in foil at the stall?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • EggerPalmerATL
    Options
    I did. Click the video link to see the full process.

https://youtu.be/3C6K8EIInms
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    My thoughts? My thought is plugging your YouTube channel in this forum is bad form. There are Facebook groups for that sh!t.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • EggerPalmerATL
    Options
    dharley said:
    My thoughts? My thought is plugging your YouTube channel in this forum is bad form. There are Facebook groups for that sh!t.
    Would you rather me type out the entire process I used for cooking this butt and ask for opinions? 
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    edited July 2019
    Options
    dharley said:
    Would you rather me type out the entire process I used for cooking this butt and ask for opinions? 
    I won't speak for anyone else but me on this, but I personally have no interest in viewing videos. Photo looks great.
    Stillwater, MN
  • EggerPalmerATL
    Options
    dharley said:
    I won't speak for anyone else but me on this, but I personally have no interest in viewing videos. Photo looks great.
    I appreciate you providing your opinion instead of just leaving a rude comment.

I am a educational trainer in my day job. I find its about 50/50 in my schools wanting face-to-face training with print instructions vs a video. When considering the 30 and under group, they overwhelmingly prefer videos. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    You can’t make this stuff up.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Did I miss something?  Is it Friday already??  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    sassy to the max
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave