Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    @ Smokin' Gal: when I'm sick, I cook a $0.25 packet of ramen.  Why weren't you my mom?  

@bgebrent: that's a weeknight cook?!?!?   :o

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options

...Dolma?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Oh and it’s hot as hell here these days. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    smokingal said:
    At home sick today and don't have much of an appetite.  Fixed a dry aged Wagyu short rib 'cheesesteak' using very thin slices of the very fatty end that remained.

Oh my goodness, your sick food is 10x better than my wellness food.   B)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lkapigian said:

...Dolma?
    Yep, made a bunch a while back and froze some...
    Options
    Just dropped the kids off at grandparents house. Wife and I are heading to Clearwater beach for a couple days. It’s party time.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Jimmy V Day on ESPN.    

Here‘s a great auction some on here might like. 

@bgebrent

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Duke-Basketball-Experience-with-Coach-K-/254276916455
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Freaky weather here, flash flooding all over town.  Our street flooded so had to move the Porsche on to the lawn.  I can hear people yelling "slow down" to cars that are driving too fast and creating a wake (which pushes water into cars, etc)

Freaky weather here, flash flooding all over town.  Our street flooded so had to move the Porsche on to the lawn.  I can hear people yelling "slow down" to cars that are driving too fast and creating a wake (which pushes water into cars, etc)

Doesn't help that there might be a tropical storm/hurricane heading your way this weekend.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options

do you purchase flood insurance for the house down there, i just got a quote for 82 percent less than what im paying now
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @DoubleEgger did you find a bunch of change to fund some great food purchases, as well?   Better to be lucky than good any day. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

do you purchase flood insurance for the house down there, i just got a quote for 82 percent less than what im paying now
    It must be because you have a KAB?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    YukonRon said:

It must be because you have a KAB?
    seems all you have to do is post about a KAB
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Options

We didn't have it for years because we're not required to have it due to our elevation (some of the highest ground in the city) but ever since Katrina, we've had it.  If the Mississippi levee fails we are screwed.  Water will be 19' and the house is at 12' (all measured above sea level).  River flood stage is 17', we are currently at 16' but the storm surge will have it at 19'.  Anything over 20' and it's flowing over.
    Options

We didn't have it for years because we're not required to have it due to our elevation (some of the highest ground in the city) but ever since Katrina, we've had it.  If the Mississippi levee fails we are screwed.  Water will be 19' and the house is at 12' (all measured above sea level).  River flood stage is 17', we are currently at 16' but the storm surge will have it at 19'.  Anything over 20' and it's flowing over.
    im looking at floodsmart insurance, 713.00 instead of 4k plus with the fema/nfip insurance. the floodsmart i believe buys from lloyds of london.  was told a couple weeks ago the 4k is going to 5k this winter. same coverage, same deductable.  they rezoned me also after katrina, pretty hard to flood sebago the way the dam and lower flood plains lay out as well as locks upsteam
    fukahwee maine

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Jimmy V Day on ESPN.    

@bgebrent

You’d think they could swing the shipping cost... SMMFH 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options

How things Carey? Any updates on your situation..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Carey, just throwing this out....need a place? come on up.
    I understand the dynamics.  Just know you are certainly welcome here.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    How ‘bout @buzd504?  You good brother?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    thanks Ron, means a lot to me.  We should be fine.  We are just in some uncharted territory here.

Standby generator is working, we have enough food to feed an army for a month, plenty of booze and wine.  I'll put the Porsche in the quonset hut in Gretna and B will be in the parking garage at East Jeff.
    Options
    thanks Ron, means a lot to me.  We should be fine.  We are just in some uncharted territory here.

Standby generator is working, we have enough food to feed an army for a month, plenty of booze and wine.  I'll put the Porsche in the quonset hut in Gretna and B will be in the parking garage at East Jeff.
    All the best brother. Be safe.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Yeah, anyone need a place, we got you covered.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited July 2019
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Jimmy V Day on ESPN.    

@bgebrent

Was a rep player for MB in the very first Jimmy V golf tourney. Met and partied with a who's who group of players and coaches. I got 1 on1 time with K, coach Smith, PJ , Bobby Cremins, Patino, Barkley , Berman and many more.
    Truly an amazing experience I will never forget. Not to mention tons of Nike golf swag.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.