Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I have great Neighbors!

About 7 or 8 months ago my neighbor saw me out and stoped by to chat.  He mentioned that It looks like I needed a new table for my LBGE.  I didn't think much of it and had been looking on let go and such for a table.  Well this afternoon he pulled in the drive with this in his truck.  I'm a happy boy.   @bubbajack I'm going to need a friend with a strong back and weak mind soon.    =)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Nice! 

Is the top plate aluminum?
    Nice! I have one neighbor that is retired, quiet and keeps to himself. Perfect. 

The other neighbor is an a$$hole through and through. Just a miserable SOB that no one on the block likes. I am the lucky one to have him right next door.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    My neighbors are all cool except the guy on right next door to us thinks the street in front of his house is his reserved parking spot.  (it is a busy, crowded public street).  Maybe 10% of the houses here have off-street parking and maybe 5% have garages you can get a car into.  I guess that got laid out when people rode horses.

I can't count the number of times he's called me asking who's car is parked in his spot. I won't park there because I don't want to be on the receiving side of his complaints....I'll park on the next block if that's the last spot.

I can't count the number of times he's called me asking who's car is parked in his spot. 
    Oops.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    Won the neighbor of the month (year, TBD) right there.  What a gift.  There's no pressure on the unmentioned repayment plan but who cares right now!  Congrats. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    lousubcap said:
    Won the neighbor of the month (year, TBD) right there.  What a gift.  There's no pressure on the unmentioned repayment plan but who cares right now!  Congrats. 
    Oh we are already in the planning stages of repayment.  Kicking around a beef tenderloin and maybe a bone in prime rib roast and that still won't be near enough .  After much insisting he did let me pay for the materials.  

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    bucky925 said:
    lousubcap said:
    Oh we are already in the planning stages of repayment.  Kicking around a beef tenderloin and maybe a bone in prime rib roast and that still won't be near enough .  After much insisting he did let me pay for the materials.  
    Need some help, let me know! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    That was a very nice gesture and you're a lucky guy.  Neighbors can really be a hit or miss.  I have a neighbor who is very open about spying on people through their blinds.  I keep to myself.  Simpler that way.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    That’s very nice. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • wardo
    wardo Posts: 398
    That's an awesome neighbor for sure!  Did he fab it up himself?
    NC - LBGE
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    wardo said:
    That's an awesome neighbor for sure!  Did he fab it up himself?
    Yes he did, don't get me wrong it ain't perfect but it is VERY NICE!  He said It took him 5 hours just to cut the hole.   We live in  a nice close nit  part of town.  Some can cook, some are good at auto video, some can fab a trailer.  When one is out of town all of us look after the house.  So we kind of help out where we can.   I hope it doesn't change. 

• wardo
    wardo Posts: 398
    That's really great!  You'll have to surprise him with a cook as a thank you haha.
    NC - LBGE
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    You are a fortunate man. I have good neighbors and lucky in that department as well. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,095
    bucky925 said:
    About 7 or 8 months ago my neighbor saw me out and stoped by to chat.  He mentioned that It looks like I needed a new table for my LBGE.  I didn't think much of it and had been looking on let go and such for a table.  Well this afternoon he pulled in the drive with this in his truck.  I'm a happy boy.   @bubbajack I'm going to need a friend with a strong back and weak mind soon.    =)

Nice table for sure, just got back from the beach this afternoon. Let me know!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    The most valuable assett of our home is our neighbors. We hit the jackpot when we moved in.....
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky