Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Leg o' Lamb

Options
I picked up a small (2.5 lb.) burgundy pepper marinated leg of lamb at Trader Joes. Raised direct at 350 with a reverse seat at the end for some nice char. Also threw some baby broccoli on there for about 15 minutes. Pulled the lamb when the thickest part was at 130. Very juicy and flavorful.

Wear wood ewe hand eye bee width know spill Czech her???

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @EgginATL42‌
    Looks like a home run to me. Lamb is one of my favorites and yours looks excellent my friend. Awesome job =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    nice looking lamb.  
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • klosurdo
    Options
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Man that sliced pic is making me hungry!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Fat_Al
    Fat_Al Posts: 1
    Options
    Looks awesome.  Inspiration for my LoL today.  Hope mine comes out looking nearly that good.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,860
    Options
    Boneless leg (3lbs) marinated overnight in yogurt and harissa,  with fresh mint and lemon zest in the 'roll' - plus a few anchovy in the mix too.   
    Accompanied with roast veg & spuds on the Egg while the lamb was resting.
    Beech wood chips for smoke to start.   Indirect for 1 3/4 hrs around 170C / 330 F. 

Ran it to 70C / 160F - which was higher than planned. But the Egg bailed me out (again), with plenty of moisture and flavour in the meat.   SWMBO is the other side of the done-ness continuum to me, so she was happy with it medium to well.   Good render and I think it worked out better for being on that bit longer. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Great looking meal!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va