Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Advance Planning-National Brisket Day May 28, 2019

Options

I failed to get the practice brisket cook today memo so with that I figured I would start getting the word out now for:

Tuesday, May 28 (day after Memorial Day)

National Brisket Day 2019 in United States of America

Plenty of time to adjust the long-range cook plans to participate. Given a Tuesday this year just fire one (or more) up in close proximity. Above all, have fun.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Bump with a PSA- read on.
    Creekstone Farms is having a sale on their briskets -$50 off while supplies last.  Linked here:

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Ten days and counting.  Gonna be a great celebration.  Time to get serious about making your brisket cook happen. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Going to try and do this while in Colorado if at all possible....
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Sam's was out of prime briskets yesterday.  They were out of packers period.  :bawling:  If I can manage to score one before next weekend, I'll give it a go.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    @lousubcap - thanks for the heads up - have you ever cooked one of the creekstone choice briskets that are on sale? If so, what was your experience.  Thx 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • lousubcap
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @lousubcap - thanks for the heads up - have you ever cooked one of the creekstone choice briskets that are on sale? If so, what was your experience.  Thx 
    I have not tried their brisket but it is on my list. Edit:  thanks for the reminder-just ordered one of the above Creekstone briskets.  If anyhting like their steaks it will be great. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    And the count-down marches on.  Obviously with NBD on a Tuesday, any weekend cook will make you happy and definitely be appreciated by the briskets Gods wherever.

• gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    I'm in this year. Cooking mine on the 27th
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    I'm in! Cooking a few days early, (Thursday)  but it counts! 

@lousubcap I'm looking forward to your brisket pics as always!  Any phone upgrade in your near future to help increase the photo quality?  😉

As the brisket sage you owe it to us.
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • lousubcap
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Today's reminder:
    I will post up a separate thread for the results later this week. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, @lousubcap I'm doing one on the night of the 24th into the morning of the 25th for a get together of Army classmates to celebrate National Brisket Day a few days early!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I’m struggling with this. A whole packer is so huge for my family of two.  I may have to go with brisket on a stick and pray the brisket gods will approve. 

Edit - then again, I could have a party.  But my brisket cooks have been so inconsistent, I’m not sure about that either. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • thetrim
    Options
    #Leftovers
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Options
    The count-down continues:
    Getting serious now! 
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    Bought a 19 pounder yesterday @lousubcap.   Game on... 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @mEGG_My_Day I'm not gonna try and talk you into it but remember it is only one day a year.   =) FWIW- 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Today's reminder:
    Who's the ballplayer that will be number 4?
  • thetrim
    Options
    Lou? 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    I pick up a brisket today.  Trying a new meat supplier. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Closing in:
    I have started a separate thread to post your results.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    A reminder:
    Almost there.
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Brisket on a stick will have to do. Central market was charging 8.99/lb for brisket that wasn’t even graded (and not some parking lot waygu). 

I miss costco. One of the many reasons I can’t wait for my wife to get off bedrest
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Brisket on a stick will have to do. Central market was charging 8.99/lb for brisket that wasn’t even graded (and not some parking lot waygu). 

I miss costco. One of the many reasons I can’t wait for my wife to get off bedrest
    Hope this helps with some level of short-term distraction.  Brisket on a stick for sure.  Thanks for giving it a go and may your wife quickly get off bedrest. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Just FYI- That CM brisket is as good as you can get in a grocery store. All natural, high choice/prime and trimmed right. It’s expensive but blows Costco brisket out of the water. By a mile. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    Options
    "Two for the show"
    You only have to suffer thru one more day of these B)
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options

Just FYI- That CM brisket is as good as you can get in a grocery store. All natural, high choice/prime and trimmed right. It’s expensive but blows Costco brisket out of the water. By a mile. 
    Wish I had read that before I went to Costco and bought mine...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    Options
    We are finally at National Brisket Day eve:
    Plenty of time to participate and enjoy.  Above all, have fun.