Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ALERT - Rockwood on Sale at Ace Hardware - $19.99/bag

Options
1voyager
1voyager Posts: 1,157
Now through May 27th at participating stores. The ad didn't indicate if there is limit.
Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.

Comments

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    1voyager said:
    Now through May 27th at participating stores. The ad didn't indicate if there is limit.
    do you have a copy of the add?

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• kersh13
    kersh13 Posts: 23
    Options
    It's on sale here in Georgia right now also.
    Large Egg circa '06 model.

Athens, GA

• Tak
    Tak Posts: 145
    Options
    Go to Ace website....15% off just for today
  • 1voyager
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Kent8621 said:
    1voyager said:
    do you have a copy of the add?
    No. It's on their website. Ace must have another version of the ad based on viewer's location. The ad that I am referring to indicates that RW is on sale for $19.99 through May 27th, not the one-day sale that @Tak mentioned.
  • DFW
    DFW Posts: 208
    Options
    Thanks for the heads-up; just ordered 5 bags!
    Arlington, TX
  • 1voyager
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I just returned from my local Ace Hardware and am delighted to confirm that the sale price on a 20lb bag of Rockwood is $19.99 through May 27th, while supplies last. No limit. At participating stores only.
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up!
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Standing in line at ACE now....
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    With a YETI Loadout in your cart?!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    The wife is stopping by after work, hope they still have some.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    With a YETI Loadout in your cart?!
    Yeah right. What a piece of dookie. At least the dog bowl was substantial...
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    The wife is stopping by after work, hope they still have some.
    If not, Atlanta Grill Co sells them 2 for $40 every day. 
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    Picked up 4 bags at that price. Thanks @1voyager

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Picked up a bag today. 
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    Bought out my entire Ace store today.  It wasn't marked on the bags, but rang up at 19.99.  Thanks for the info .... btw 2 bags was all the store had.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Just grabbed 6 bags. That should at least get summer started. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, just ordered 10 bags. 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    How much do you people normally pay? I always pay around $20-$22 a bag.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    In my area $25 plus tax is normal.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    ryantt said:
    In my area $25 plus tax is normal.  
    Wow, guess I’m lucky then. I’ll take it.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JRWhitee
    Options
    The Ace by my house is $28.99

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Just ordered four bags.  Thank you.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    $27.99 at my store
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Bought 3 bags to see what the hype is. I still think $1/lb is too expensive for lump. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Bought 3 bags to see what the hype is. I still think $1/lb is too expensive for lump. 

It's great lump and worth every penny. I usually keep 1 bag of it and 1 bag of RO on hand. RO for the hot and fast stuff that I want a little smokey flavor with and Rockwood for the Low and slow stuff I want to use wood chunks or chips with or pizza cooks where I need a neutral burn. I don't have @DoubleEgger money where I can use exclusively Rockwood.

• DoubleEgger
    Options

It's great lump and worth every penny. I usually keep 1 bag of it and 1 bag of RO on hand. RO for the hot and fast stuff that I want a little smokey flavor with and Rockwood for the Low and slow stuff I want to use wood chunks or chips with or pizza cooks where I need a neutral burn. I don't have @DoubleEgger money where I can use exclusively Rockwood.
    Thanks for the shout out. If an extra $5 a bag for quality lump is breaking you, then you’ve got bigger issues to deal with. 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I just went and bought 4 bags.  I also have 4 bags in my garage already.  When it's on sale or have an Ace coupon I buy some.  It's not like it's going to go bad.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options

Thanks for the shout out. If an extra $5 a bag for quality lump is breaking you, then you’ve got bigger issues to deal with. 

I was being a bit sarcastic there...

• DoubleEgger
    Options

Me too 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options

Me too 
    Lump discussions have no room for sarcasm.  Please leave those for threads discussing infuriating news items and miscarriages of justice.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS