Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Another Reason I Shop At Lowe’s Instead Of Home Depot

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    The problem is that everyone thinks their dog is good and they are responsible pet owners. Far from reality. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    The problem is that everyone thinks their dog is good and they are responsible pet owners. Far from reality. 
    Absolutely right.

Same with kids, driving, etc.  We need community tribunals to address this.
  • Legume
    ...and ketchup on hot dogs.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Legume said:
    You have totally crossed the line. Who would lo ut ketchup on hotdogs?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Legume said:
    Dachshunds love ketchup
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Should we be asking ......should the dogs be trained to read “no pets allowed” signs? Don’t they have some accountability is this debate? 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    My dog eats feces.  She’s got personality, but she’s dumber than a bag of hammers and eats feces.
    Flint, Michigan
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    I think if your puppers graduates from PetSmart puppy school with honors they should be able to go where ever they please.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Legume
    I think if your puppers graduates from PetSmart puppy school with honors they should be able to go where ever they please.
    Sure, always attacking the home-schoolers.
  • Legume
    My dog eats feces.  She’s got personality, but she’s dumber than a bag of hammers and eats feces.
    I’ve heard this phrase, but I’ve never actually seen a bag of hammers. Is this a really a thing?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,739
    Legume said:
    I’ve heard this phrase, but I’ve never actually seen a bag of hammers. Is this a really a thing?
    as useless as a bag of broken hammers
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited May 2019
    I think it is wrong to always blame the owner. I have tried really hard to train my dog, but he is just kind of an @$$hole. Sometimes dogs are just kind of @$$holes.

I'm joking of course (well, sort of).  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• northGAcock
    We have a neighbor who has a pig as a pet. My dog is always trying to pull me over to the area where he craps. I have to imagine that it’s feces must taste like bacon. 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Legume said:
    Sure, always attacking the home-schoolers.
    Well, they are just a little bit socially awkward.  Only the best allowed in our big box stores.  MAKE BIG BOX STORES GREAT AGAIN!!!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited May 2019
    I own a car dealership and at least once a week someone brings their dog. To a car dealership. Even had one lady want to take the dog with her on a test drive. We pretty much don't mind the dogs up till that point.

But don't try and bring the dog into the waiting room with other customers and surely don't attempt to bring your dog into a brand new car on a test drive. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Hey son.  Son!  Listen while I’m talkin’ to ya boy!

Flint, Michigan
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I try to avoid kids and dogs.  Am I wrong?

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited May 2019
    I own a car dealership and at least once a week someone brings their dog. To a car dealership. Even had one lady want to take the dog with her on a test drive. We pretty much don't mind the dogs up till that point.

But don't try and bring the dog into the waiting room with other customers and surely don't attempt to bring your dog into a brand new car on a test drive. 
    I'm guessing you aren't a Subaru dealer.  I don't drive a Subaru, but their adds with dogs are brilliant (IMO, as I have gleaned from this thread)  :):)

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Should we be asking ......should the dogs be trained to read “no pets allowed” signs? Don’t they have some accountability is this debate? 

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• northGAcock
    I'm guessing you aren't a Subaru dealer.  I don't drive a Subaru, but their adds with dogs are brilliant (IMO, as I have gleaned from this thread)  :):)

A Subaru owner myself. Our local Subaru dealer recently hosted a bark in the park in our biggest city.  They are very active in our community. They have ambassadors that hand out things on impulse to Subaru owners out and about town. We were given a pet toy......My dog buried this one (not very well).

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    ^^ that's just disgusting - but it did make me laugh :o:o
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    YukonRon said:
    I mentioned in @DoubleEgger post on Olive oil, about my experiences during brief stays in Europe regarding dogs in public places.

I am not aware of any of the rules regarding this, meaning that to me they are unknown, and not meaning that they do not exist.

That said, in Italy, Germany, France, Spain, Belgium, The Netherlands, as well as others, it was fairly common to see dogs in the restaurants, lying at their owner's feet. (Not on the menu).

There were no signs posted, communicating bans or welcomes, it just seemed like a natural event.

I will also add, these were not fast food joints, and the restaurants all enjoyed a very fine reputation, including recognitions such as multie diamond winners.

I ate at an upscale Brazilian steakhouse in Amsterdam some years back.  Halfway through my meal, a black and white cat came strolling into the restaurant behind some people who had just left.  Apparently, he belonged to the cook and had been missing for a year.  The waitress pet him and then carried him to the back, where the cook also handled him in the kitchen.  Luckily I had already gotten my steak.  I didn't think too badly of it, as I'm sure the cook was happy the cat had returned after all that time, but I did not order dessert.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    All you folks worried about animals.  How many of you touch money, door knobs, public transit, office phones... the list goes on and on.  JFC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    People are nasty.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    All you folks worried about animals.  How many of you touch money, door knobs, public transit, office phones... the list goes on and on.  JFC. 
    ... or McDonald's ordering kiosks?  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Preach Brother.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    So many entitled dog owners that can’t even understand why they can’t bring their dog when there’s a no dog sign. This thread just proves how ridiculous you people are. Yeah a lot of things are gross but we don’t have a choice we can’t avoid them but we can avoid your gross dog by choosing to go to a store with a no dogs allowed rule. Oh wait no we can’t cause this is your world. Screw people with allergies or small children that are afraid of them cause you want to take your smelly nasty dog out shopping with you. I wish HD had a no dumbass sign and they enforced it then they wouldn’t need the no dogs sign.